1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11 Thread - Naanee, Naanee, goodbye Broncos?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Nov 17, 2009.

1. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

But you failed to mention Troy Polamalu in it.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

Yes, I'm familiar with Legedu (since we're using first names around here :D)

I don't actually have a problem with the thread title. I realize the Broncos are in deep shit, and I don't see them getting out of it by the end of this season. Maybe they will play better if they put their hands down each other's pants.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That wasn't me, dammit! spnited got confused. It happens to old people. :)

4. outofplace

True, but I did consider making fun of Stefan Logan in it. Yet another example of why NFL fans should not get overly excited about preseason heroes.

5. mb

mb Active Member

Got no problem with the thread title. If Orton's out long-term, Denver is toast. If Orton can play, I still like their chances in the admittedly dogass AFC West.

And I'll go to my grave believing if Denver had Major Applewhite, they'd have won that game Sunday.

/used-to-live-in-Texas humor

6. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Hmmmmm.......

7. outofplace

LMAO

8. wannabeu

wannabeu Member

I don't think San Diego is good enough to make the Super Bowl. Right now, all they have is Philip Rivers. That is good enough to win the pitiful AFC West the last couple of years, but not good enough to beat stellar teams. Their defense is decent and LT is washed up. They will lose in the first or second round of the playoffs like they have the last couple of years.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The first round? Did you watch the playoffs the last couple of years?

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

For the Chargers it is all about matchups - they would beat the Colts but lose to the Patriots and Steelers.

Their best path would be win the West and be the four seed. Get the Ravens or Dolphins or Broncos at home - win that and get the Colts then win that and hope the Bengals (three seed) upset the Patriots (two seed) so they'd get the Bengals in the AFC title game.

Or they could be the three seed play host to the fifth-seed Steelers and promptly get knocked out.

11. mb

mb Active Member

The Chargers would beat the Colts?

This year's Chargers aren't last year's Chargers. Or the year before that.

12. outofplace

I think he overstated it a bit, but I do agree that the Chargers match up better with the Colts than they do with the Steelers or Patriots. I don't know that the Bengals are somebody they want to face, either. Cincy has a strong enough secondary to slow Rivers down and enough offensive balance to light up that defense.

Draft saved Draft deleted