1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11 Thread - Naanee, Naanee, goodbye Broncos?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Nov 17, 2009.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

mb is going to want to hurt me for that headline, but obviously this is a very big week for the Broncos. Denver has lost three in a row after a 6-0 start, including an ugly one to the Redskins. Now the Broncos are back home to play the Chargers, who they beat in San Diego Oct. 19.

The Chargers seem to be playing much better since the loss to the Broncos, winning the last four in a row. If the Broncos have to play Simms at quarterback, I'd be shocked if the losinig streak doesn't reach four and leave them in big trouble. If Neckbeard is able to play, at least they have a shot to turn it around and retake control of the AFC West. That isn't so much a compliment to Orton as a reaction to how truly awful Simms is.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

My preseason Super Bowl pick was Saints-Chargers. I will be very happy if we have a Super Bowl with no NFC East teams, no Patriots and no Steelers.

3. outofplace

You could definitely get most of your wish there, but I just don't see the Chargers getting that far. The defense isn't good enough and Tomlinson doesn't have enough left in the tank. They might be the class of the AFC West, but given how bad the Raiders and Chiefs are and the way the Broncos are stumbling, that isn't saying much.

(Of course, now the Steelers and/or Bengals will stumble this week against when Pittsburgh goes to Kansas City and Cincinnatti goes to Oakland).

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Apologize if this is a d_b from the Week 10 thread, but the Falcons' Michael Turner could miss up to six weeks with a high ankle sprain:

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/turner-s-injury-has-200312.html

Yeah, I hate "might" and "could" stories as much as anyone, but the Falcons signed Aaron Stecker as insurance, so obviously there's some concern. With Jerious Norwood also hurting and Matt Ryan struggling all of a sudden, Atlanta's offense could be about to go in the toilet.

5. outofplace

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/09321/1014168-66.stm

Troy Polamalu is questionable for the Steelers' game this week in Kansas City. Also, he did not aggravate the MCL injury from earlier in the season. According to Mike Tomlin, he has a strained PCL.

I'd be shocked to see him play Sunday even though the news is much better than it could have been. Even if he recovers quickly, you've got to think the Steelers take no chances and wait at least until they play the Ravens in Week 12.

6. spnited

spnited Active Member

Damn, talk about mancrush. That's at least half-dozen OOP posts on Polamalu, including some where he just refers to him as Troy.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

The question is, will New Orleans cover after not covering 2 weeks in a row? Or is the pressure mounting? The Saints almost lost to the Rams.

8. outofplace

It's the hair. Just so pretty.

But hey, thanks for contributing nothing to an NFL thread, as usual. Somebody asked earlier today about his status and I answered. Then I added the post above upon reading the story on the Post-Gazette website. This time of the week, injury updates are a big part of these threads and he is a significant player.

I called him Troy? Really? Must not have been paying attention to what I was doing. I won't even refer to Roethlisberger as "Big Ben."

Edit: Nevermind. spnited got it wrong. Evil Orville was the one who called him Troy when he asked if anybody knew about Polamalu's status yesterday on the Week 10 thread.

9. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Will Chrissie Simms start on Denver? He sucked ass on Sunday.

10. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I would think this is a question for Friday, or maybe even Saturday, night. You would assume the Broncos aren't going to make a definitive decision on Orton's status until they absolutely have to.

11. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

a. I think this thread title sucks.
    b. The Broncos are "pretty hopeful" that Neckbeard will start on Sunday. I bet they are.
    c. Dwayne Bowe just got suspended four games for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy.
    d. I love the AFC West. The Broncos could play most games with their hands down their pants, and they would still have a chance of being in the playoffs.

12. outofplace

Regarding your final point, I kind of assumed that the Broncos did exactly that Sunday when I saw that they had lost to the Redskins. :)

I figured the Denver faithful would not like my thread title. Honestly, it was a reference to them being in deep trouble if they were to lose on Sunday. That, and I wanted to have a little fun with Naanee's name (he wears No. 11 for the Chargers).

Draft saved Draft deleted