1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11 Thread: Hines Ward crack-back block edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 12, 2019.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Myles Garrett: Mason Rudolph called him 'a stupid N-word,’ he tells ESPN

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

3. TheSportsPredictor

Dennis Prager upset that he can’t say it anymore. Probably said it all the time in his youth:

4. heyabbott

You can say it. It’s not against the law. Just suffer the societal consequences. Coward if he doesn’t say it. Lacks principles if he doesn’t say it on air.

5. TheSportsPredictor

Why does he so badly want to say it?

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

It’s the god damndest thing.

I never hear old white guy lament the fact that they can’t call Italians “dagos” or “guineas” anymore.

never hear em bitch that that can’t call the Irish “micks.”

But man, do they get triggered on this. And it’s always the same rationale. “But they call themselves that!!!!” Yeah, kinda like how Italian and Irish and Polish will do the same To one another. It’s the same rule with all of these: we can call ourselves this, but you can’t. and yet they have no desire to use ethnic slurs on any other group... except this one.

Wonder why...

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
  8. mateen

mateen Well-Known Member

I continue to believe what I said on a different thread about this: Garrett heard Rudolph say something, in the middle of a brawl in front of a screaming crowd, that he plausibly, but mistakenly, thought was a racial slur.

TigerVols and Inky_Wretch like this.
  9. heyabbott

No. Garret was out of control and acted thoughtlessly and in the heat of an emotional game just went off. It was an emotional reaction to take whatever was in his nphands and attack someone because he felt like it. If his wife or children got him that mad he would smack them too. He’s using any excuse to avoid responsibility. And he’s using the best excuse, he’s now the victim and the media who is his real audience will never question his sincerity. They will say Rudolph denies it, in the same manner that a man on the electric chair says he’s innocent, right before they throw the switch.
    Garret played it well. Rudolph will be gone long before Garrett makes a ProBowl.

10. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Jussie Garrett

11. TheSportsPredictor

Rudolph was the one out of control. He charged at Garrett after the play was over and Garrett was done. Garrett reacted based on what he heard and Rudolph's actions.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I don't even doubt that he could have heard a racial slur, but given the chaos going on then, I have no clue if Rudolph was the one who said it.

Draft saved Draft deleted