1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11 thread -- Coming straight on like a Mark Moseley field goal

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Cosmo, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

They wouldn't show it on the broadcast. I saw a replay on Twitter, and it was ugly. What a fucking bummer.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Yeah, looked like he got Theismanned. Or Smithed. Or Allened. Whatever happened, you almost can't have a gruesome quarterback leg injury without the Redskins/WFT being involved.

3. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

I know that. There has to be a reason the rule exists and I can’t figure out what it is. We all understand why that is for the end of a half. I don’t see how either side is at an advantage or disadvantage to just mark the penalty, switch ends of the field and proceed normally.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Looking at the rules, the offensive team has the option to play an untimed down if they want to or they can carry it over to the next quarter. I think if there is a weather advantage, the option is there so you don't lose the wind or whatever help you get.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Lions suffer first shutout since 2009
    Would loss to Texans on Thanksgiving be Patricia’s last supper?

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Time.

7. Spartan Squad

Ref in Ravens-Titans game going through the OT rules: Both teams will have a chance to possess the ball unless one teams scores a touchdown or a safety or if one team keeps the ball the whole period.

I had never thought about one team keeping the ball for all 10 minutes and kicking a field goal as time expired, but I guess it could happen?

sgreenwell likes this.
  8. Spartan Squad

LOL Ravens' "defense"

heyabbott likes this.
  9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

In theory, there isn't a limit to how long a drive can go. You could drive to the 10 yard line, then suffer a 75-yard loss, but then get an automatic first down on a PI or personal foul and have to go another 60 yards.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Is walkoff TD a thing? Mr Henry sure thinks so

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Another Harbaugh that is not loved

12. Spartan Squad

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted