1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rosie, Nov 19, 2006.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh DD68. Get used to it.

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Is that a response to my post? If so, you are wrong because apparently you can have it both ways. The officials aren't calling it consistently.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Not only do the Vikings suck, they suck in an utterly predictably boring manner.

They're unwatchable.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

outofplace, pardon me if I smile when a Pittsburgh fan starts complaining about officiating. The sense of entitlement you Steelers fans have can be appalling.

7. outofplace

I should've known. You can't put your whining about last season aside long enough to engage in a sensible discussion.

It's a legitimate argument. The officials aren't enforcing the rule consistently. Not even close. I keep using examples from the Steelers' games because that is what I watch the most closely.

Hoops McCann, if you read this thread, I really need to borrow that graphic with the five super bowl trophies. Please. :)

8. Herbert Anchovy

And the worst call I saw all weekend was when a quarterback was barely nicked on a Utah pass. It was ruled roughing the passer. Complete bullshit.

9. Herbert Anchovy

All right, all right, I'll play nice.

It's just like the strike zone, you have multiple interpretations of what should be a sound judgment call governed by rule. On the flip end, in the grasp was at one point so rampant around the league that it really wussified and dulled down a part of the game.

10. outofplace

When the NFL lays it down as a point of emphasis for the season, they should be getting it right. Over the last two weeks I've brought up three instances. By the current rule, all three should have been penalties. The one where a guy's arm landed on the quarterback's foot was the only one called. Honestly, I'd have liked to see no call on any of them.

I am curious if anybody else is seeing any nonsensical interpretations of this rule?

Also, by the way, I never said any of these changed the outcome of the game. The Steelers won despite the calls the last two weeks and the missed call earlier in the season against Atlanta probably wouldn't have changed much.

11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Terence Newman just got BLASTED on a punt return.

12. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

In case none of you heard or saw it already, McNabb is done for the season with a torn ACL, according to AP.

And so are the Eagles.

Draft saved Draft deleted