1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rosie, Nov 19, 2006.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

And he also had Willie Roaf on the wrong side of the line. He was the Chiefs' left tackle.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Then, clear it up for me.

3. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

In the NFL, you can cry about injuries, but no one is going to listen because unless it's you're QB (and maybe even them), everybody has them.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

That's true, but not every team has lost seven starters.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Steelers lost Big Ben to injury before the season and he's been recovering ever since. Hines Ward played with a bad hammy that first month, when Troy Polamalu tried to tackle people with one arm because his shoulder was in such bad shape.

But you know what? You have to make due. Injuries happen. Not everyone has lost seven starters, but having X number of key players can hurt just the same.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Doesn't matter. Every team suffers multiple serious injuries. the rare team that doesn't probably wins the Super Bowl.

And sometimes, even when the team suffers multiple serious injuries, it wins it all anyway. See the Patriots. Or the Giants of 1990.

The Giants of 2006 are a soft bunch of egomaniacs who want nothing but the ball and the spotlight. Hell, the Giants since the LT days have been amazingly soft and predictable. They're always good when the pressure is off--remember that run from 3-7 to 9-7 and the edge of a playoff berth in 1994?--but anytime someone hits them back, they fold...1997 playoffs, 2001 Super Bowl, 2003 NFC playoff game against the 49ers, the entire 2003 season, last January's playoff whitewashing.

Since Simms, their QBs--aside from Collins--have been unable to lead a pig to shit, never mind a team. And Eli, with the leadership skills of a substitute teacher, is the worst of all. and it won't get any better once Tiki and Strahan and Shockey retire/move on. Ernie Accorsi whiffed big time.

7. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Couple days out of date, but just catching up here...

About Travis Henry: the drug rumors were just that -- rumors -- when McGahee was drafted, but there were other off-field issues. (Picking up a fifteen-year-old girl at a gas station, for one.) That pick still could've been used in an area of greater need, though, instead of Donahoe making another "look at me!" move.

DyePack, you know what's worse than benching a guy who goes off for 200+ yards/multiple TDs that week? Doing same when said player is on your favorite team, then making a road trip on your own dime to watch him do it. I think that makes me the ultimate fanboy looser... sigh...

8. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Crickets.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah, it's pretty quiet. I don't hear anyone, other than a newbie, chipping in on your side, now or ever.

Oh and you silly bastard I already made posts about how many NFL teams win/reach the Super Bowl with really high payrolls. And remember the poll from this summer? The one you accused me of rigging when you lost?

My contacts are sticking together and you seem more energetic than me tonight. You can go search for those threads during the wee hours.

Crickets.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

There are no "really high payrolls" in the NFL.

11. joe king

joe king Active Member

Absolutely brilliant line. And so true.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Serious? Wow. Which poll was this?

Draft saved Draft deleted