1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL week 11: Norm Van Brocklin, because 550 will never be touched

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Nov 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

In seven days the Raiders, Jags, Bears, Bucs, Rams and Seahawks could all hold a share of their division lead with six games left to play.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Aside from the Panthers, is there an NFC team you'd bet the house CAN'T reach the Super Bowl? It's a thrilling $3500 claiming race.

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The Redskins

4. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The Lions, who have a 25-game road losing streak.

5. I posted this on the week 10 thread, but Reed out, Suisham in as kicker in Pittsburgh. Lesson learned, you can be a drunken idiot off the field, piss on a cops shoes, look the other way on kickoff coverage when it's you between the returner and the end zone, never reach the end zone with your kicks, but if you start missing field goals and turn on the fans, well, there are other noodle-legged kickers out there.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Washington
    Dallas
    Detroit
    Arizona
    San Fran
    Minnesota

7. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

In honor of week 11, here's Dick Butkus explaining to Jack Concannon what he will do to him if the offense doesn't put some points on the board:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Oddly enough, he was one of the top-10 most accurate kickers in NFL history when the season began. I think the Steelers could live with the missed field goals this season, figuring he comes around. But when he was the only person in that locker room to point blame for Sunday's loss elsewhere -- on the fans, and sod on a field he should be fairly familiar with by now -- he had to go.

9. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Aren't the fans the 12th man? I would think with that comes responsibility.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I notice you left the Steelers off that list! (They're in second now.)

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I just want to say that as the guy who said the record wouldn't be broken, it would be beyond awesome if Van Brocklin's record got broken THIS week, so it can be discussed on this thread.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The USFL record for single game passing yardage is 574, set by Jim Kelly (February 24, 1985)

The CFL record for single game passing yardage is held by Matt Dunigan (July 14, 1994) - 713 yards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.