1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11: Joe Kapp lets it all hang out edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Maybe he was calling him to ask him what his fart smelled like. He's the expert.

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

No. Maybe. No.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Cassell seems to smart to go anywhere near Herm Edwards. How about San Fran?

5. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

That was a heavyweight bout last night. Both teams played well. More talented, healthy team won. Still impressed with the Patriots not mailing it in after falling behind huge and not playing with the best QB in the league, their best runningback, their best linebacker, their best member of the secondary, and a top-notch defensive end.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

You should have just left it at "more talented." You know the Patriots aren't the only ones dealing with injuries, right? The Patriots are no different than the Steelers or anyone else in the league. You win or you lose, no excuses.

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I'm not even going to debate that stupidity your spewing. No different than anyone else in the league? Four of their top 10 players are out for this season. And that's not including Ty Warren or LaMont Jordan or Lewis Sanders or Terrence Wheatley (second round) or Shawn Crable (third rounder, out for season).

Jets earned the victory, but don't be idiotic.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Steelers fans won't send you any sympathy. Bottom line, if the Patriots make a stop on third-and-15 in overtime then win, would you play the injury card today? Probably not.

Patriots are no different than a lot of other teams in the NFL, like the Steelers, who have made it a point not to use injuries as a crutch. I'm guessing Belichick's probably the same way.

9. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

How is the Patriots' situation all that different from the Chargers last year in the conference championship game, when Rivers, Tomlinson and Gates were all severely limited by injuries? The Pats had a huge health advantage in that game, without which they might not have won. Somehow I don't hear a lot of Pats fans mentioning how banged up San Diego was every time they talk about winning the conference title, yet they can't utter a sentence about the Patriots this year without referring to the injuries.

10. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Injuries absolutely were a factor in the AFC Championship last year. I said that, too. Rivers earned my respect by even playing in the game.

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Dan Rooney will maintain control of the Steelers.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/11/15/steelers.sale.ap/index.html

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- Pittsburgh Steelers chairman Dan Rooney's four brothers have agreed to sell a controlling stake of the team to him and his son, the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review reported.

12. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

Dang it. I'd just started reading the Rooney thread, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted