1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11: Joe Kapp lets it all hang out edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Sooo...given the way the Jets have tried to blow this game, does the figgie get blocked and returned for a TD?

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Guess not. The Jets somehow find a way to win. Amazing.

3. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

It's the Jets. Plus there is a Schottenheimer on the coaching staff.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Yup. Up 24-6 and I should have known what was about to happen. Thirty one years of watching the Jets and I should have known better.

They escaped and they are in first place in the AFC East. The Jets may even make the playoffs. But they're not good enough to win in January.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Actually, I own Cassel in two fantasy leagues and I didn't once think about the fact that he's on my bench. Maybe it's because I also have Drew Brees, but I would like to think not.

Good win for the Jets, for sure.

6. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Poor Belichick looked as if he'd cry at that podium. He could barely muster any audible answers for reporters.
    Mangini wanted to talk after the game, but poor Belichick ran off and wouldn't carry a conversation.
    This guy seems, for all the world, extremely unhappy with life.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I must say, as a Comcast customer, I'm more than happy to have NFL Network at home. The Broncos-Browns game last week more than held my interest, as did tonight's game. And next week, my Steelers play the Bengals on Thursday night. Not a bad start for these NFL Network games.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Did Favre just rip a fart during the press conference on ESPN? I heard an odd noise, then he apologized.

9. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I looked up, wondering if that was a sound effect to block a cuss word, but your theory makes more sense.

10. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

It was his cellphone buzzing.

So which team is going to make Matt Cassell a very rich man this summer? Kansas City? Tampa? The Jets?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Damn, Peter King calling him isn't nearly as funny as a fart.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I remember some NFL Films clip of Favre busting ass, so it wouldn't be a surprise.

Draft saved Draft deleted