1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11: Joe Kapp lets it all hang out edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Freelance Hack, Nov 11, 2008.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

HOLY FUCK!!

2. 21

21 Well-Known Member

That was sick.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's sounded like that all night. NFL Network must have the mics turned down.

And that was a great catch (and pushoff) by Moss for the TD. And an absolutely wretched excuse for a last two minutes by the Jets.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

If they overturn this, will Belichick murder an official before they get off the field?

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Matt Cassell has put Tom Brady ON NOTICE!

6. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

Fixed.

Oh, and they're the Jets. What do you expect?

7. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

To be fair, I think Law was holding Moss -- or at least it appeared that way.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

At the very least, Gillette would have burned to the ground. At least the Jets won the coin toss.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Good point. I've split the last couple hours between The Office, 30 Rock, and a game of NCAA '08 on the PS2. Really just sat down to watch the last couple minutes. And I expect Brett Favre to unleash an underhanded, 60-yard hail mary three times a game, that's what I expect.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Speaking of angry people ... the guy I'm playing in my fantasy league this week has Cassel.
    On the bench. :D
    He's at 60 points and counting, meaning I still have a chance this week. That's kind of like finding an extra present under the Christmas tree, isn't it?

11. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

The Jets are not good enough to be considered a contender. Did they not learn anything from the Arizona game? About putting teams away? That's what the Jets said after Sunday's rampage against the Rams. Was it all hot air?

This is just stunning. Up 24-6 and how do they come out for the second half? Sleep walking. Up a touchdown with eight seconds remaining and they let the most explosive WR in the NFL catch the game tying TD. Stunning.

J-E-T-S. 1969 weeps for thee.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

You see, it's things like this that make me glad I'm no longer playing fantasy football.

Instead of admiring a guy's performance, you're either worrying about how it's impacting your team or your opponents. Or, as in the case above, you're pissed because you didn't start the right guy.

Draft saved Draft deleted