1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11: Greg Landry

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Nov 12, 2012.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Jay Glazer reporting that Ben Roethlisberger won't play against the Ravens Sunday. Not exactly stunning news there, though you knew somebody would race to be the first to "break" the story.

The real story is the long-term prognosis. If Roethlisberger misses just one week, even though it pretty much guarantees a loss to Baltimore, I think the Steelers would gladly take that.

2. He's not.
    Check the stats. And keep checking the stats.
    And we'll see.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  3. Fine.
    Let him sit out and heal. Hopefully, he'll be well enough to play three weeks from now at Baltimore.

Worst case is he's tries to play Sunday, the Steelers lose and as a result of trying to play the injuries either gets worse or no better, he misses a few more weeks and the Steelers also lose the rematch and the division.

The Steelers have the second easiest second-half schedule in the NFL, so a playoff berth is not an unrealistic possibility.

Maybe they lose Sunday. Probably they lose Sunday. But don't risk going 0-2 to Baltimore three weeks from now by rushing Roethlisberger out there.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I'd bet the Ravens win, but don't underestimate Flacco's ability to play a terrible game at the strangest times. It wouldn't surprise me at all if this game is 16-13 one way or the other.

Also, I wish Mike Tomlin coached the Bears.

5. Wow.
    I can not see the Ravens scoring less than 20 points. Not without committing three turnovers.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Don't concede a night game in Pittsburgh to Flacco too soon.

I have a feeling we won't see Ben for the next two weeks.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Terrible games usually involve turnovers, Evil. I just get the sense that people are reading too much into the Ravens' win over the Raiders and the Steelers' struggles against the Chiefs. Remember, the Ravens scored all of 9 points and barely beat the Chiefs, so they're perfectly capable of playing down to a lesser team, which the Steelers are without Roethlisberger. I can understand Pittsburgh fans being worried, but your team deals with adversity better than most. Hell, lately the Steelers tend to deal with adversity better than prosperity.

8. Me ... I'm not reading much into the Ravens period. I've only seen them once this year.
    But Ray Rice is a Steeler killer. He'll get a hundred yards and prolly another 50 out of receptions.
    Flacco is dependable. And the Steelers secondary is suspect, which is good news for the speedy Ravens receivers, who can stretch the field.
    The Steelers blitz schemes aren't much of a secret and if the Ravens can pick them up - and I am betting they can and will - they will move the ball up and down the field several times, enough to hit the end zone at least three times.

And Gary Coleman under center or out of the gun ... Plus the line... That's a recipe for about four sacks, a possible fumble and a INT.

If the Steelers can't run the ball they are toast.

9. Fuck that noise. Rick Reilly was all over that shit. You better recognize. :)

10. Stu Scott did!

Reilly had it First ... Boo-Ya!

11. Remember, the Ravens scored 9 against the Chiefs, so it's possible. Plus, the Ravens seem to be an entirely different team on the road than they are at home. Lastly, Karma needs to take a big bite out of John Harbaugh's ass for going for a fake fieldgoal while up by over two scores against Oakland. Mioght as well be against the Steelers. :)

I still look for a close game on Sunday night and I wouldn't be shocked if the Steelers found a way to win. My guess is, given how fickle Steelers fans can be, They win in a close game, Lefty makes a few big throws . . . one a bomb to Wallace, and thus begins the conversation of how he should be the starter once Ben gets back because he throws a better deep ball. :)

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Neither team is great on offense, so a 13-10 game would not surprise me.

Draft saved Draft deleted