1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11: Greg Landry

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

If you want to talk about who is most valuable, what about Jay Cutler? I know he's not popular but the difference when he's out of the lineup is striking.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Before we crown Luck's ass, let's see how he does against the Pats and the two against the Texans.

3. Where's Cam?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Hence the words up to this point

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Probably pouting somewhere.

And I know you're enjoying his sophomore slump or whatever it is, but you're still wrong about him. And always will be. Enjoy this, though.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Between Peterson and Manning, the one of them that doesn't get MVP, will get Comeback Player of Year.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

The snow has yet to fall in Denver.

8. Right ...
    He's a Kordell Stewart. He'll be on the bench in less than three years and out of the league in five.
    His numbers this year to last - last time I checked - were much the same.
    This is no slump. It's Cam Newton. No. 1 Draft Choice.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Elway wasn't really ready in his first year, at least until late. He struggled big-time in the beginning.

Peyton also had his share of rookie struggles. Marino, though, kicked ass from the very start.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I covered Peyton's second NFL game at Foxboro. He threw the single worst pass I have ever seen. It was a skyhook in the red zone that fell about six yards away from the other 21 players. Judging quarterbacks on their first two seasons is not a good idea, but as we see with Newton, these judgments are really just people trying to justify their predraft assertions.
    There is no topic in sports, not even drug use, which generates more bullshit, much of it pernicious, than NFL quarterbacks.

11. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

+1

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

It's not that you thought he was a bad choice at No. 1 overall. That was certainly debatable, although I felt he was a solid pick there. It's that you thought he wasn't a first-round talent.

You keep fucking that chicken, though.

Draft saved Draft deleted