1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11: Greg Landry

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

I've watched just about every Cowboys game this year. Not out of my mind to think they can lose this game. Not by a long shot. Jason Garrett is as equally inept as Shurmur, just in different areas.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The teams that play Thanksgiving day should have their bye week the Sunday before Thanksgiving day.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Jerrah dismisses the idea of Mike Holmgren as coach. It was nice of Holmgren to throw his hat in the ring for a few million, though.

“Of course, Mike Holmgren is a heck of a coach,” Jones said. “But the facts are that Jason Garrett gives us an outstanding chance to be what we want to be. So, there you have it. I wouldn’t comment one way or the other there with Mike.”

The Cowboys actually want to be a bumbling 8-8 laughingstock that can't tell time? It's unanimous then!

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

If this game was in December I'd say the Browns should be favored.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

A very valid observation.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Because everyone's a contender in September.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Even in April when the schedule comes out, the NFL is pretty sure some teams aren't gonna be contenders. Those are the teams given Thursday night games (which all teams loathe) later in the season so as not to generate agita and mucho bitching by real contending teams. Thanksgiving games are an exception.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Along those lines, Jacksonville and St. Louis should play each other on a Thursday, in London, every December.

9. Roethlisberger is questionable for Sunday.
    Clark is good to go.
    No Mendenhall. No Polamalu. No Brown.

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Know what's crazy? As of now, the Steelers and COLTS!!!!! at 6-3 are the two leading wild-card contenders. Not only that, but they have a two-game lead on anyone else.

The Colts are a good bet to make the playoffs. And that's going to have Andrew Luck meriting serious MVP consideration.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/team-source-roethlisbergers-shoulder-injury-not-good-661901/

Brown is questionable. Doesn't sound like he has been ruled out at all.

I'm assuming Polmalu is out until he actually runs onto the field to play, and I don't expect that to be soon.

Very surprised about Clark. That is two concussions in three weeks and they are already declaring him good to go? That really makes me wonder if they are taking the proper precautions.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

No, it won't.

Cool story, for sure. Great for a rookie, indeed. But not serious MVP consideration.

Draft saved Draft deleted