1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 11: Bills throw a Tyrod

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Nov 15, 2017.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Steelers OT Marcus Gilbert to serve 4-game suspension

Why do athletes even try this bullshit? Does anybody believe that Marcus Gilbert used a banned substance by accident? I certainly don't. He got busted cheating.

Now the Steelers are without a damn good right tackle for the next four games, including their shot at the Patriots Dec. 17. The Steelers were already struggling up front, especially in the running game. I doubt many fans outside of Pittsburgh realize just how good Gilbert is, but the drop-off is easy to see with Chris Hubbard taking his place. I didn't love their chances against New England before they lost their best cornerback and their right tackle for the game. Of course, they'll also probably manage to lose to somebody shitty over the next three weeks, too.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Blair Walsh has to be cut by sunrise, right?
    How can you be an NFL kicker and miss short on a 52-yard field goal with no wind?

3. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Did you watch the game? They couldn’t kick touchbacks.

But fuck Blair Walsh. He should have never been signed, he’s already won them a playoff game, he’ll never do that again.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When he kicks....
    [​IMG]

Baron Scicluna and Batman like this.
  5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

They try it because it works. Many are smart enough to use and not get caught. Some aren't.

6. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

They didn't cut him after he missed 3 vs Washington. Now, Sherman and Chancellor are out, so they probably aren't making the playoffs anyway.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I find it funny that the worst shot of the Georgia Dome implosion will be the most viewed shot of the Georgia Dome implosion.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Could be framed, tainted sample.

9. outofplace

No, it couldn't. He admitted it. Even you should understand the difference, but you're more interested in stalking me than posting something useful.

10. outofplace

I wasn't asking why he used. I get that part. Maybe he has always done it. Maybe he just tried it to recover from the hamstring injury he suffered earlier this season. Either way, I know the main reason athletes use PEDs is that they work.

I was wondering why he tried that stupid excuse. Does anybody actually believe he did it by accident?

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I am still trying to comprehend Songbird's Butterfly Effect defense of Peterman's performance.

Hell, I don't even think the first interception was a good throw. It was a bullet from 10 yards away to a fullback. Should it been caught? Of course. But it bounced off his hands and 15 feet in the air because it was a bullet from 10 yards away.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

It wasn't about his performance.

It's about you don't know what the rest of his stats would have been if that balls isn't pick-sixed.

And please, if the fullback can't catch that pass then he has no business being thrown to.

Bullet? lol. Yeah, that's what it was.

Draft saved Draft deleted