1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 10 thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by RecoveringJournalist, Nov 5, 2014.

1. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

I think it's safe to say the Saints can end the Niners season with a win Sunday.

The Cowboys are crazy to play Romo against the Jags in London, with a bye the following week, but that probably means he'll play and have a season-ending injury. I'm pissed that game isn't at 9 a.m.

It's probably the worst group of games I've seen in awhile. Nothing jumps out at me.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I can't believe he got on the plane.

3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

I think the Cowboys know they'll struggle to beat even the Jags with Weeden out there, so I assume Jerrah is freaked out about a possible three-game losing streak and Romo will play.

4. Guy_Incognito

He should have thought of that before releasing Orton and signing Weeden to back up a QB coming off of back surgery.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Wasn't Orton going to retire rather than play there?

6. RecoveringJournalist

If Weeden starts, they should just give the ball to Murray every single play.

7. RecoveringJournalist

He played it smart. I think he told them he was going to retire and they released him.

I read something that said he and Romo or he and Garrett didn't get along.

8. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I know this got mentioned on the fantasy thread, but new starting QB in Houston: http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2014/11/texans-name-ryan-mallett-starting-quarterback/

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Thursday's game between the Browns and the Bengals is pretty big.

Bills and Dolphins have some big challenges ahead this week in defining their contender v pretender persona. Bills host Chiefs, Fish go to the Motor City.

10. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Browns and Bengals pits what has been a terrible Cinci run D vs a Cleveland rush O that's been awful the past 2 games. The old easily stoppable force vs eminently moveable object.

11. Guy_Incognito

Then let him retire. He sign a contract and was perfectly happy to collect all those weeks he was just holdoing a clipboard. They got played, lost him for nothing, and they're paying for it.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It wasn't quite that simple.

Here's a quickie synopsis:

Draft saved Draft deleted