1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 10 Thread: The OG, OC Joe Walton edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 5, 2019.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I doubt Brissett will play, but honestly, I don't think they lose much with Hoyer in his place.

2. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

^^^^ lol

Brian Hoyer is updating his resume right now; OOP says he's basically as good as Jacoby Brissett.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    JC likes this.
  3. outofplace

No, I said for that one game, I don't think they lose that much. Hoyer isn't a bad option for a game or two. The Steelers certainly got a reminder of that on Sunday. Given how well he played, I can't see them rushing Brissett back for the Dolphins.

I will be sure to spell things out more simply for you next time. I know how much difficulty you have keeping up.

4. CD Boogie

Ya didn't say that. You're saying it now, after Hoyer updated his resume and shit. SMH.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

This is very true.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

7. outofplace

Again, I am sorry I didn’t keep it simple enough for you. I will try to post so even you can keep up in the future, but I clearly did not write that Hoyer is as good as Brissett. Even if you misread my post to think it meant long term rather than one game, I didn’t say that they lose nothing. So did you not understand or are you lying for the sake of trolling?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Paid my last respects to the Raiders at the Coliseum this weekend with my dad and a buddy - Raiders fans are the greatest. You'd see little kids on the shoulders of their parents doing the "RAIIII-DERS" chants, I met people from Orange County, Miami, Vancouver BC - there were even a bunch of Detroit fans there. And the game wasn't too bad either. I like that the team isn't sneaking out of town, but turning the season into a celebration of all that the team has done in Oakland, and their 60th season. I think most fans are cool with it. Tickets and parking are so high that if you can afford to see them in Oakland, you'll be able to afford to see them in Vegas. Just hope Vegas is as loud as it was in Oakland. Damn you could barely hear the PA. And they had that thing cranked up.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Isn't this like the third season in a decade that they've done that?

I was staying at Mandalay Bay a couple weeks ago, and walked over to the Raiders Stadium. Looking good.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Here's a crazy prediction:

The Redskins, in flux, move into Audi Field in a few years.

11. CD Boogie

For years I had a bad impression of Raiders fans, starting with a college roommate who was a colossal asshole. But went to a Steelers-Raiders game in Pittsburgh a few years ago and to a person every Raiders fan was cool and fun. They wrap themselves in the renegade cloak a bit too tightly at times, but they’re proud of their franchise and its history — justifiably.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

1. Is Audi Field the new LA stadium? If not, what is it?
    2. There is no fucking way the NFL would let a franchise leave the nation's capital. Too many political favors to ask and trades to make.

Draft saved Draft deleted