1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 10 Thread: The OG, OC Joe Walton edition

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, Nov 5, 2019.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Can somebody who cares more about this trash league tell me what the Vikings have done to be on primetime as often as they seem to be?

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Then you don’t like the NFL.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think the Redskins are the worst team in the league by a mile, their win over the Dolphins notwithstanding. At least Cincinnati and Miami have been competitive against decent teams. The Jets too. The Redskins' best offensive player at this point is a way-past-his-prime Adrian Peterson. They're incapable of scoring more than 10 points in a game.

Batman likes this.
  4. jackfinarelli

jackfinarelli Well-Known Member

Skins have gone 13 quarters without scoring a TD. That is ineptitude at a very high level...

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Agree completely. The Dolphins also showed last week that they're ahead of the Jets.
    The awful teams are: Redskins, Jets, Dolphins, Falcons
    The bad-but-competitive teams include: Bengals, Broncos, Giants, Cardinals, Bucs
    The dumpster fires are: Redskins, Jets, Browns (too much talent to fall into either of the first two categories, but still bad).
    The dumpster fires are the teams that are struggling and seem to have no real plan to move forward. As bad as the Dolphins are, at least they have a plan for 2020 and beyond.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I'm curious how many first-year coaches end up getting fired.
    Kitchens seems deserving.
    Gase seems deserving.
    Zac Taylor seems deserving (but I assume Bengals are too cheap to do so)
    I assume Flores won't be around for the rebuild. But maybe gets one more year to complete the tank?

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Gase may be safe as Christopher Johnson (master of the universe via accident of birth) will not want to admit that he made a mistake.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The Dolphins should be bringing in some key players in the rebuild with all the draft picks they have in 2020. If Flores isn't going to be the guy, they should bring in the new guy to work with those players from day one.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Brian Flores deserves consideration for Coach of the Year and I'm not even joking. He's kept them playing hard and not bitching left and right about the fire sale. He deserves to reap the rewards of coaching/helping select the windfall of draft picks coming their way.

I think this week has the makings for a lot of upsets. I could see Atlanta stealing one. Also the Cowboys and the Titans. That Tennessee defense is pretty damn stout. If they can run the ball and keep the Chiefs' offense off the field, they could win at home.

Batman likes this.
  10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Sometimes, you don't have to overthink these games.
    I'm taking the bills and if you want to give me a couple points, by all means I will take them

Batman likes this.
  11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I agree with this.

Management is actively tanking. The players he is given are playing hard.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I'll take my chances with the Bills and points. Cleveland will see no more of my money.

The Dolphins getting double digits at Indy might be a play if Brissett can't go.

Draft saved Draft deleted