1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 10: The wake 'n' bake Santonio Holmes version

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Nov 8, 2011.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The Thursday night schedule begins with Oakland at San Diego. Over/under on combined INTs is 8.

On Sunday, tons of good matchups: Jets-Pats, Saints-Falcons, Bears-Lions, Steelers-Bengals and Giants-49ers.

Buffalo-Dallas might be the most exciting game, though.

I'm interested to see if the Redskins' free fall continues in Miami.

And for people who hate themselves, there's Jags-Colts.

2. joe

joe Active Member

I'll take the under — with six for Oakland and one for Brees.

Jets vs. Pats is the best matchup, but Giants vs. 49ers lets us know if San Francisco is sort of real or just a bunch of pretenders.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Just to make the anti-Steelers crowd happy, some injury news. Pittsburgh will be without wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders for at least this week after minor knee surgery. They have a bye next week. No word yet on how long past that he will be out.

More importantly, they will be deciding on LaMarr Woodley later in the week.

4. joe king

joe king Active Member

Brees? Did I get caught in a time warp?

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

This is what I don't understand: They're 7-1. Wins in Philly, Cincy and DC, venues where West Coast teams supposedly don't do well, since they have the 10 a.m. PT game. A defense that seems to be shutting down everyone, which is how they're winning, even though Alex Smith, for the first time in his pro career, looks like an NFL quarterback. If they don't have the gawdawful NFC West wrapped up by the end of the month, the whole fan base may head for the Golden Gate Bridge. Yet all of that means nothing if they don't beat the Giants at home?

6. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Yes.

ok, the Skins are not good. People are not sure if Cincy is a pretender. The Eagles are overrated. The Giants are a hot team...the feeling is if the Niners beat them, they are official a "hot team." It's all perception. However, a team like the Niners that all of a sudden starts winning after years a struggling can really go far. They remind me a lot of the 1998 Falcons...a team with a lot of flaws, but kept winning every week and made the Super Bowl. They made mistakes, but always managed to capitalize more on someone else's mistakes. The 2001 Patriots were the same kind of team. As were the 2004 Steelers.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The Eagles are 3-5. I'd say they're "rated" just about right.

8. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Yeah, but they are the "dream team." I think a lot of fans and many in the media still think they are going to catch fire any minute.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

How's that? They have the most exciting player and athlete in the history of team sports.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If the Eagles go 7-1 the rest of the way, then they can enter the discussion again. It's not going to happen though...

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

As noted in last week's thread, the Eagles have a very weak defense and some important players on offense (not Vick necessarily) like DeSean Jackson who are very, very soft.

12. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

DeSean Jackson is the softest star in the league and it's not close. For someone with as much speed and talent as he has, he disappears an awful lot. If a DB puts a finger on him, you can forget about him catching the football. If he's wide open, yeah, he'll catch it and go 80 for a TD. If there's someone stepping on his shadow, he's not going to catch it.

Draft saved Draft deleted