1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 10 Running Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rosie, Nov 12, 2006.

1. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Most Points, Both Teams, Game
    113 Washington (72) vs. N.Y. Giants (41), Nov. 27, 1966
    106 Cincinnati (58) vs. Cleveland (48), Nov. 28, 2004
    101 Oakland (52) vs. Houston (49), Dec. 22, 1963

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

The VIVA LA VICKBALL brigade is going to say Vick because he's 26 and QBs tend to hit their peak aroudn the time RBs start to slide.

But Vick's going to either kill another coach in Atlanta or get traded by opening day 2008. So what good will that have done the Falcons if they're starting all over again while LT2 continues plowing towards the HOF. If the Chargers just didn't have Marty ready to choke, I'd say they were legit candidates to win it all this year.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We really should move this to the Vickball thread, but does anybody remember what the whole package was?

Remember, the Chargers also took Drew Brees with the 1st pick of the second round because they passed on Vick. I remember people trying to argue they would rather have Vick than Tomlinson and Brees. What a joke.

4. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Exhibit A why you don't lose to the Bills: If they win that game, Green Bay is absolutely in the hunt for the playoffs, despite no one thinking they could do dick this year.

1. Chicago
    2. New York
    3. New Orleans
    4. Seattle.

5. Philly
    Atlanta
    Green Bay

God damnit.

5. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Tim Dwight also was involved in the trade, IIRC.

6. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Green Bay is gonna give New England all it wants next week.

7. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

OK...

unless you can present a post from that time... enough with the "what a joke" lines toward people who liked the Falcons side of teh deal.

I was ambivalent, but these hindsight jokers peeve me.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Gang Green is 5-4 heading into next Sunday's game against the Bears. Jets could finish the season with ten wins. Who would have thought that was possible before the start of the season.

And what a heartwarming moment Belichick and Mangini shared after the game. It was enough to bring a tear to a glass eye.

Why wasn't McCree thrown out? He hit Houshmanzadah (sp?) a good two seconds before the ball arrived.

9. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I hope so, but looking at their schedule, and say they beat Buffalo, that's almost a game they could lose and still be OK. ... As it is, they obviously have very little wiggle room.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Is Marques Colston, the 252nd pick in the draft, the best rookie receiver since Randy Moss?

Terrell Davis, Tom Brady, Marques Colston?

The Saints had one of the best offseasons in recent history.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Oh and wasn't it last week Hondo was calling Vince Young the biggest draft bust since Sam Bowie?

If that was unmitigated stupidity last week, I'm not sure what it is this week. A boy playing field hockey stupid, perhaps.

Young racks up more than 250 yards in total offense and, inside of two minutes, throws a 17-yard pass and scrambles for 18 more to give the Titans a shot at a GW FG. Or maybe he sucks since it was blocked.

He's six starts into a career for an awful, awful team and there will be growing pains, But he's already better than other young guys such as JP Losman, Alex Smith and Charlie Frye, not to mention complete has-beens like Brad Johnson and Mark Brunell.

And of course he's got a set of tools and a winning pedigree that put even Michael Vick to shame. But yup. Biggest draft bust in nearly 25 years. ::)

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I meant people who were saying this even a year or two ago, not what was said at the time of the deal. Though I loved it at the time, mostly because I didn't like Vick.

Draft saved Draft deleted