1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 10: Bobby Douglass begat Jim Zorn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Matt Jones agrees.

I think Tebow could easily be a fullback. A special teams player? He'd be nothing special.
    A decent fullback - an Owen Schmidt.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Boy, do I disagree. Owen Schmitt has spent his whole football life blocking people. It isn't easy to pick up on the fly. It's also hell on the body.

But why would Tebow want to do that? A backup quarterback makes way more money than a fullback or special teamer anyway. And if Tebow is a bad starting quarterback, he's still a more than adequate backup.

3. Football ain't rocket science. Not every football player is Andy Katzenmoyer.
    I don't think Tebow would have a hard time adjusting to a blocking scheme and pick ups. He can read a defense. He's a relatively intelligent fellow. Plus He's got good size.

These guys are athletes, who want to play. Not hold a clipboard.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

There's more to it than picking up blocking schemes. Many of those same athletes don't like to get hit.

5. halfway thru training camp the jets knew tebow was a joke as a legit qb.
    [/quote]

So when did they realize the same about Sanchez?

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Combining Tebow-talk with last night, I find it impossible to believe he could be any worse than Blaine Gabbert.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What sucks is that if Tim Tebow wasn't "Tim Tebow" there would be plenty of teams willing to give him a legitimate chance to either win the QB job or another position. Probably 24-28 teams wouldn't touch him because they don't want the distraction.

Is there any kind of precedence for a guy who causes this much of a distraction through no fault of his own?

8. joe king

joe king Active Member

Quick question: Is Cecil Shorts the son of Jim?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Agreed. I know he's hurt, but he sucks.

I know rookie receivers don't usually make a huge impact, but Justin Blackmon looks like a huge bust. He just seems lazy and uninterested.

10. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Not sure why but the Dolphins had to win at Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship game.

11. joe king

joe king Active Member

I'd love to see a team end up with Tebow and Cam Newton as its QBs. They could remake the offense to play the college-style option game and have someone ready if a QB was injured from all the hits he'd take. Hell, maybe you could alternate them, or play Tebow in the fourth quarter.

12. joe king

joe king Active Member

Wait, when did we start talking about Dez Bryant?

Draft saved Draft deleted