1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 10: Bobby Douglass begat Jim Zorn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Nov 5, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I feel like I've seen other sports ones and I know they're common in politics -- there was an Obama one a few years back. Plus I put it in a category with that Facebook QBs chat.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Ah. Never seen those. Just the two that Halpern did.

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

More on Jerry -- from Jimmy:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000091657/article/jimmy-johnson-dallas-cowboys-now-a-country-club

My favorite part:

Cowboys owner Jerry Jones' role as the team's general manager as has come under fire this week. Jones said little has changed over the years, that coaches from Jimmy Johnson to Bill Parcells essentially had the same input as Garrett in personnel matters.

"That is completely a bunch of crock," Johnson said. "You notice Jerry started putting all those titles on himself after I left. He didn't call himself general manager and president and all that stuff when I was there; he was the owner. Because it was in my contract that I had total responsibility for all football decisions; it was in my contract. He didn't allow anybody to have that in the contract after I left."

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If Jones ever hires another big name coach and not some assistant who is his pawn, he's going to have to give up some control. I think he might do that to get Payton.

That doesn't mean he won't change his mind later and start trying to micromanage, but I think if he wants a big name guy (he may not) he's going to have to give up some power.

5. LongTimeListener

He's not giving up power. Especially not now after there has been so much public discussion about it.

The rest of his time owning the Cowboys is going to look like Al Davis for his last two decades with the Raiders.

6. Roethlisberger always seemed to bulk up in the offseason and lose the weight as the season progressed. I think he even made mention in an earlier interview to feeling too weak by the end of his first and second season because he came into camp in shape, and got too thin for his style of play by seasons' end. Since then, there has been a noticeable difference between August Ben and December/January Ben.

7. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Wow. like they are looking into a mirror.

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Maybe you should go for a jog or something.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8606131/roddy-white-says-atlanta-falcons-pedigree-go-16-0

Mercury Morris just put a bottle of champagne in the chiller. And started petting his cat.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll be curious where Tebow plays next season. I think at this point, they won't be able to get anything for him in a trade, unless it's a conditional sixth-rounder or something like that. I'd rather see them release him and then see which teams have interest.

I think his best option at this point is to be a third-down back or a TE/HB. The Patriots would seem to be a really good fit, especially if McDaniels is still there.

I'm guessing he regrets picking New York over Jacksonville. It seemed like the right pick at the time, but you have to figure that if Rex hasn't gone to Tebow as the starter yet, he probably never will unless Sanchez gets hurt.

12. LongTimeListener

Really interested in Bears-Texans BTW. Not to kick-start an entire Jay Cutler discussion, but I don't think we've gotten a look yet at the Bears' offense when the D isn't gifting them a game-changing play or two. And I think the Texans are the best team in the league.

Draft saved Draft deleted