1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 10: Bobby Douglass begat Jim Zorn

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Nov 5, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Great news for the Giants, Eagles, Redskins and the rest of the NFC.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's his toy. He can do what he wants.

And apparently he never wants to win a Super Bowl again.

3. joe king

joe king Active Member

Winning is way down on Jerry's list of priorities. Paying off that stadium is running neck-and-neck with pumping up the ego for No.1 on the list.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/07/bears-could-be-without-tillman-against-texans/

Slow down there, Little Peanut(ette).

5. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

We knew that when he ran off Jimmie Johnson in 1993. That core group might have won 5 or 6 Super Bowls.

But what good is winning a Super Bowl if someone else gets most of the credit?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, that was just insane. Even if Johnson got the bulk of the credit, the owner who hired the guy who wins multiple Super Bowls is rarely ignored. That's the difference between Jones, and guys like Eddie D. and Bob Kraft.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Freaky stat: Through eight games, Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck have both thrown for exactly 2,404 yards. Their teams are both 5-3.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Oh no. Someone hacked Tebow's e-mail!!

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/1107/grantland_tebowinbox_1152.jpg

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Those are getting a little old, but I did like the one from Mom that asked "What are Jews like?"

Meanwhile, the rarest of all sightings: an intelligent football-related article about Tebow. After last season, he got maniacal not about throwing better but about getting bigger and absorbing more hits. So now he's up to 250 pounds and the question is, too big to play QB?

http://online.wSportsJournalists.com/article/SB10001424052970203846804578103093761776484.html?mod=wsj_share_tweet

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

He's not too big, he's just to shitty to play QB over a long, sustainable period of time.

His size is fine for the football player he should be.

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I would bet a paycheck Roethlisberger has been close to 275 in past years. He looks closer to 250 now.

12. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I've only seen two of them: Tebow today and LeBron from July. What did I miss?

Draft saved Draft deleted