1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 1 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Looks like he's back from Concussionville.

Jokes aside, I like when he's on games.

2. He's also not wrong.

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Troy will be taking that grudge to his grave.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Firing Roger Ailes and hiring Bayless is not a net gain for your credibility. I have to assume Aikman has more leverage here.

5. Who could blame him?
    Fucker has never apologized either.

6. Michael_ Gee

Three-time Super Bowl champ Hall of Fame quarterback. Loudmouth sports media grifter. Business organization that just settled one of many suits about sex. If Troy wants to push this to the limit (he doesn't) he could get Skip fired no problem. They had to be morons to hire Bayless in the first place.

7. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

He's still overrated.

8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm too lazy too look it up and I pay little to no attention to Bayless ... what happened?

9. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

Insinuated in a book that Aikman was gay.

I don't know what his thoughts are on Aaron Rodgers, though.

bigpern23 likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Pats getting six at Arizona. It's tempting. I should add, I understand the spread. But how many times in our reality does one get the Pats plus six.

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Troy has gone up a few notches on my respect meter.

12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Since we've spent so much time on the Brock Turner thread insisting that specifics of language are important, it's worth understanding what Bayless actually wrote about Aikman.

A more accurate summation would be: Barry Switzer told Bayless that Aikman was gay, and Bayless wrote that people close to Switzer said Aikman was gay. He didn't exactly make the allegation on his own. Whether it was unfair to Aikman to put that in the book without attaching Switzer's name to it is probably the real debate. But the shorthand — Bayless said he was gay! — is not accurate.

https://theringer.com/what-skip-bayless-really-wrote-about-troy-aikman-8aade8f5a612#.1ggr5ri1v

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted