1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 1 Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Songbird, Sep 4, 2016.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Predictions, Heartaches, Celebrations, Analysis, Tweets, Facebook posts, Gifs ...

... Steelers Masturbation for good and worse.

My Super Bowl prediction: Oakland over Minnesota.

This guy's going to have a monster year.

[​IMG]

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Sam Bradford is the missing piece that will carry his team to the Super Bowl.

[​IMG]

Sorry. Couldn't say that with a straight face.

Big Circus and cjericho like this.
  3. Mr. Sunshine

Mr. Sunshine Well-Known Member

No shit, Song. Vikings are not a SB contender.

4. Songbird

Bradford, baby.

5. Mr. Sunshine

I really like Carr, but the Raiders aren't making it through the AFC. Assuming they make the playoffs.

6. Songbird

I don't even like the Raiders but they've done a really nice job developing him the first 2 years. Gonna explode this year. He and Cooper will be the top QB/WR tandem.

7. Mr. Sunshine

SB predictions are about as accurate as preseason college football polls.

Top contenders would have to be Steelers, Bengals, Patriots, Broncos in AFC, and Panthers, Packers, Seahawks and Cardinals in NFC.

8. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Fearless prediction - Jacksonville will make the playoffs.
    And I bet on a fkn 10-second judo match last month, so if somebody wants to put some money on it, try me.

9. Mr. Sunshine

None of the South teams are necessarily good, but they'll all be competitive. Those division games should be fun.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Looks more and more like the Steelers will not live up to the hype this season. Too many losses to retirement, suspension and injury before the season even starts.

The latest is outside linebacker Bud Dupree, the team's first-round pick last season and a projected starter this year. He missed the entire preseason and the team placed him on injured reserve. He could return for Week 9, but even that seems like no sure thing right now. Dupree will need surgery to repair an abdominal injury, though it isn't clear why the team waited so long.

Steelers place linebacker Bud Dupree on injured reserve list

11. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Bears have signed Josh Sitton after the Packers waived him. This will be bad for the Bears as it will give Jay Cutler more time to throw.

dixiehack likes this.
  12. I think the AFC is really weak in terms of contenders. The Broncos have a superb defense, but I don't know how they'll score. They have NO fucking clue at QB. I'll take the Chiefs.
    I'm with OP on the Steelers. They'll be an up and down mess undone by offensive injuries and piss-poor pass defense.
    I can NOT be sold on the Bengals. Not after that playoff loss.
    Brady is Brady, but Jesus how much longer can the Patriots keep plugging in players and motoring on?
    I like the Jags to win the division. But they have tough 4-game opener. We'll see.
    AFC Contenders:
    Chiefs. Bengals. Patriots. Steelers.

NFC: Cardinals, then everybody else.
    Seattle, Green Bay, Carolina.

SB pick: Cardinals over the Chiefs.

First fired head coach: Jay Gruden.

Draft saved Draft deleted