1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 1 thread: Warren Moon hearts Cam Newton

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The one saving grace for the Colts is that the AFC South is as fucked as it's ever been. With Kerry Collins, the Colts could still win the division just because everyone is so mediocre, or worse.

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Finally, football worth talking about. No more pretending extortion-motivated practices are games.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The Bears will go 7-9. Fatherhood has made me a positive thinker.

4. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Very nice graphic. Excellent work.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I just dunno. They were probably a 7-9 team on talent last year. I think they are a little better this year, but not much.

I'm gonna go with 8-8.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Thanks. Much appreciated.

7. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Seven wins for a team that kept what, six undrafted free agents? Wow, you are an optimist

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Oh, come on. Cutler is good for eight wins by himself and you know it.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

For which team?

That is a tough, tough division. Minny might be the easiest division game for them.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

No, but Pittsburgh/Baltimore games go a long, long way in deciding home field in the playoffs.

There are five teams right now with legit chances to have the #1 seed in the AFC, and two play this weekend. (NE, Jets, Pitt, Balt, SD if you were wondering. Manning's neck keeps them off this list)

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm just curious to see the Steelers defense in a real game. Sure, they were without Ike Taylor for most of it and this isn't the first time they have had a rough preseason under LeBeau. Obviously, he holds a lot back. But James Harrison looks terrible so far and even he admits he is nowhere close to 100 percent.

One reason the Steelers have had success against the Ravens in the recent past is getting big games from their outside linebackers and I just don't see them getting much about Harrison, at least not early in the season.

12. James Harrison turned it on and off last season as well. He all but took over in the second half against the Ravens in the playoffs. I think the same can be said about his performance in the preseason. But my fear is he will take more games off than he is on, as the seasons come and go. I don't see him being in a Steeler uniform more than next season.

Draft saved Draft deleted