1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL week 1 running and passing thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 7, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Or any Lions QB of the last 50 years. Jim Schwartz will go down in flames for this. Not his fault though. He has nothing to work with. But when he goes 2-14, 5-11, and 8-8 and Stafford plays like a bum, he's gonna be looking for a new job.

2. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

How did I miss this? Damn.

I have Derrick Ward in one league and in another, I have a need for a RB, anyone suggest I snatch up Caddy?

3. prezclinton

prezclinton Active Member

Any chance Shaun Rogers breaks Favre's sternum in Week 1 after sitting out the whole preseason?
    I do love the argument over who should be QB in Cleveland, a guy who can't throw downfield or the guy that can't throw underneath. Neither has been impressive in the time they've been given under center.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I don't think it will mean much when it all shakes out. They're not paying Ward backup money.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Schwartz probably has better job security than any of the other rookie head coaches. He'll get at least 3-4 years before he has to worry about his job.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Well, Schwartz seems to have some things under pretty good control. Check out this statement released today by Daunte Culpepper.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Four would be generous.

If he didn't cut his foot on carpet, he wouldn't have had a statement to make.

8. Crash

Crash Active Member

Exactly why he should be starting Daunte Culpepper. This is one of the few things Marvin Lewis has done right in Cincinnati. He knew from Day One that he'd have to be very bad to get fired after one season. So he sat Carson Palmer for the first year to let him learn.

There's no gain to starting Stafford. The Lions aren't going to be a playoff team this year. Bottom line. There's a much bigger chance he turns into David Carr than Matt Ryan.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Richard Seymour still has not reported to the Raiders.

This could get interesting.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Who can blame him? Everyone knows the organization is a total joke. He's set for life financially. It's one thing if he's traded to any number of losing organizations. But one that's as inept and mismanaged and a total mockery of the league? I wouldn't go for it either. Hell I'd go to Detroit, where at least it seems like they're trying, before I'd go to Oakland.

11. Herbert Anchovy

La Canfora reported he's trying to get a deal out of the Raiders first, and Cable said yesterday (in response to a point-blank question) that Seymour wants to play there before then brushing off all further questions.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

So who does Cable end up punching over this mess?

Draft saved Draft deleted