1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL week 1 running and passing thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Sep 7, 2009.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Because the preseason is over and nobody's made fun of Eric Mangenius yet ...

He's picked the Browns' starting QB but he's not telling anybody who it is ... because he wants to keep the Vikings guessing. He hasn't even told his starting QB that his starting QB is, in fact, his starting QB.

Oh! Okay! I get it now! It's stragedy! ::)

http://tinyurl.com/m7ansd

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Why don't the Patriots try that?

3. 2muchcoffeeman

Their coach is evidently not a supergenius.

(That's two Looney Tunes references in one thread. :D )

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I cannot believe this is not dubbed the Garo Yepremian (sp?) thread.

2mCM, you suck worse than Mike Scioscia.

OK you're not that bad. :D

5. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

My first thought is, maybe he is lying and has told his QB and not the media.
    My second thought is, the QBs are gonna work as hard as they can regardless.
    My third, and most appropriate thought is, it does not matter, the Browns suck.

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Alright so here are my projections for this weekend:

The Thursday night game looks like a great matchup. I think the Titans may be a better team, but I am not sure they are going to be as good as last year. I feel like it would be hard to duplicate. Steelers win.

The Lions will lose about 50-2 on Sunday. Stafford will be the next QB to ruin his career in Detroit. He probably will not make it the entire game before being pulled or injured in favor of an equally-terrible player.

The Bills will lose. I haven't even looked to see who they are playing but they have mediocrity written all over them. Owens will drop passes, Lee Evans is about as inconsistent as my punctuation on here and they are starting two rookie tackles. Oh, and Lynch is out for three games and Trent Edwards is meh.

I'm interested in seeing Tom Brady but I'm not interested in listening to all the pre-game analysis on him or Brett Favre. I may skip them all together and just watch ESPN news.

Oh and I bet Brandon Marshall plays this week.

7. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

For my individual player projections...

Fred Taylor - Tears his groin at least twice. And the rest of the Patriots running backs all get banged up. Maroney, Morris and Green-Ellis all have a solid game in the mix. Faulk too.

Calvin Johnson - Big drop off this year. Could be quadruple teamed and the other receivers still wouldn't do crap. Dennis Northcutt is not a threat. I think Kevin Smith will have a solid year though.

Sidney Rice will have a breakout season. I think he will be better than Harvin. Maybe even Berrien.

Larry Johnson and Jamal Lewis have bounce back seasons. And at least Johnson puts up near his 4.5 YPC.

Joe Flacco and Matt Ryan will have great seasons.

Bernard Scott becomes the starter in Cincy and lights it up.

8. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

I agree with all, but I think thought No. 1 is certainly the case.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

This isn't baseball, you unenduring dickhead! :D

10. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

Agree on all except LJ having a bounce-back year... The Chiefs have no offensive line, no receivers, etc. Opponents will put 7 or 8 in the box and dare the Chiefs to pass.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why Jamal Lewis would bounce back, either, though he wasn't terrible last year. He's a fading player on a bad team.

12. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Didn't the Browns consider cutting Lewis just a few days ago? If he's not done, he's close.

If we're talking breakout running backs, I like Ray Rice.

Draft saved Draft deleted