1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 1: Frankenstein's, er, Peyton's Return

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Aug 30, 2012.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Maybe? :)

Seriously, there is little question that LaVar is the asshole. He was just an amazing athlete, even when he does make sense, he's full of it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, it gets ridiculous.

The Thursday night games this year look to be pretty damn good. Hell, Packers-Bears in Week 2. There's a Jets-Pats game in there... Cowboys-Redskins, Broncos-Raiders... Most of them are pretty good games... There is a Bills-Dolphins and a Rams-Cardinals in there, but that's not too bad...

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I wish they'd start all night games at 10 Eastern.

4. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

Magary sucks.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I rarely read Dedspin, but those Why Your Team Sucks columns are great. Every one of 'em.

6. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Nah. I like LaVar. Loved him as a player. And from all I've heard, he's a good dude, but he really does suck on the radio.

7. JackReacher

His Hater's Guide to College Football is always a must-read, too. As are his Jamboroos and weekly Funbags. And really, almost everything he writes. Yeah. I'm in the bag for Magary. His last book was very good, as well.

Anyway, enough slurping. Back to LaVar being the worst radio host in history.

8. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

I don't want to see his pencil neck on my television.

9. JackReacher

What? Who?

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Agreed, to me the comments from the fans are the best part.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If he is a good guy now, he must have changed quite a bit. Heard a quite a few things to the contrary from his days in Western PA and he lied for years about his background, trying to make himself sound like a tough guy from a rough neighborhood.

12. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

Magary.
    Different strokes for different folks.
    Somebody should tell him, though, that it's OK to like something ... and it's OK to express that.
    Not everything sucks.

Draft saved Draft deleted