1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 1: Frankenstein's, er, Peyton's Return

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Aug 30, 2012.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The Thursday slate is cool because it allows me to watch most of a game on a given week, but I guarantee you by Week 6, people will be bitching and moaning about the schedule.

2. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

People bitch and moan about everything.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

They ALWAYS have a good number of top-shelf matchups in Week 1. For one thing, it helps backload the divisional games in December. For another, it makes their broadcasting partners happy. I mean, without Sunday Night Football, NBC is getting outrated by the Food Network.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Ooh, I would love an episode of "Chopped" featuring NFL players.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

OH GOD WHERE DO I BEGIN I LOVE IT ALL!!!!!!!!!

FOOTBAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

6. JackReacher

RG3 is getting 8.5 in New Orleans.
    Luck is getting 9.5 in Chicago.

Soooooooo tempting......

Cleveland is the biggest home dog at 7.5 against the Eagles.

New England laying 6 at Tennessee might be my top play.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll watch almost any NFL game on Thursday night... By Monday night, after college games on Saturday and NFL on Sunday, I'm burned out and will only watch if it's one of my teams or a marquee matchup, and those good matchups are a lot more rare since they changed the setup.

8. JackReacher

If they moved the MNF games back to like 7:30, or even 8, I'd watch way more often. My old ass can't be staying up past midnight to watch the Falcons and the Bucs.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

The back half of the Georgia-Missouri weekend with the college boys in Columbia on Saturday and the Falcons in Arrowhead on Sunday.

With their first three games being against the Chefs, Broncos and Bolts. Atlanta may wonder if they've been re-aligned to the AFC West.

10. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The Bears played that entire division last year over the span of four games.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Tebow would so own that competition. Any basket with fish, bread or wine he has a built-in advantage.

12. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted