1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Week 1: Eagles defend their SB championship

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Sep 4, 2018.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This may be an all time Peterman stat:

LongTimeListener and Batman like this.
  2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Thanks Skip

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

That Peterman still gets starts and Rodgers lasted to the 20th pick when he was drafted continues to confound me.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I almost feel sorry for Peterman at this point. He didn't ask to be in the middle of the world's dumbest coach/GM hijinks.

5. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

"Wait, you traded McCarron? It's just me and the rookie? Seriously, have you watched me play?!?"

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

The whole thing is another Goodell failure. He assumed San Diego taxpayers would approve a new stadium for the Chargers, which would allow the Raiders to move into the Rams' playpen.
    If the Chargers can't sell out at StubHub, there's gonna be acres of empty seats when they move to Inglewood. And while LA has the population to support two NFL teams, it's turning into a situation like the Lakers and the Clippers. No matter how good the Chargers get (and they're a bad team now), the Rams, historically and emotionally to many, will always be the top dog.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That Peterman still starts and Kaepernick is still jobless continues to confound me.

Can't the Bills just sign him amd say to their fan base, "Have you seen Peterman play?

8. poindexter

They are listed as sellouts now. The only problem is the visiting team is occupying over half the stadium.

I am a Rams fan, but let's be honest, today, in 2018, the Rams aren't the top dog in LA, it's the Raiders. Today, right now.

No team comes into Staples Center and the opposing fans take over the arena at a Lakers game. They do it all the time for both the Rams and Chargers. It's a problem.

Teams of visiting teams don't buy PSLs.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I've seen fans of the Chiefs, Packers and Steelers take over Cowboys games in the past. Some teams have national fan bases.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Excellent points, all. It may take a while, after a couple of decades without a team, for one of the two teams in town to get established. And there's gonna be a lot of rubber burned in the desert up and down I-15 on the weekends.

poindexter likes this.
  11. poindexter

I am very interested to see what the crowds are like in the new stadium.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2018
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I just got a look at Brady's pass to Gronkowski that set up their touchdown right before the half yesterday. That was clearly incomplete. How did the replay official not even look at it?

Draft saved Draft deleted