1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Training Camp Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nafselon, Aug 2, 2006.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I don't know if it's a good idea to start White. I think Travis Henry is still a 1,000 yard running back. Having said that, White would be a great 3rd down/goalline running back. And as the season goes on, it could be a Willie Parker/Jerome Bettis situation which would really help Vince Young.

2. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

No Travis Henry isn't a 1,000-yard back anymore and he isn't reliable, he was basically benched for the last few weeks of the season. White is perfect for that offense, he's a power guy, he can take a heavy workload and wear down the defense.

3. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

IS HE EVER LOSING A GUY LIKE ROAF AINT EASY TO REPLACE SUCH A LOCKED PICK FOR THE HALL FAME.

4. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Favre says this year's Green Bay Packers team is the most talented team he's been around.

Maybe he's taken a couple shots to the head already in camp.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

English, please.

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Otto doesn't speak English. Do you, Otto? [/diehard3]

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Or shots to the ego by McCarthy when he threw 5 INTs in practice.

8. nafselon

Yes McCarthy is supposed to understand that Brett Favre is immune to criticism because when Brett Favre throws an interception he shows how much heart he has and how much he LOVES the game. Question Brett Favre if you dare.

9. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Meh, I'm a little bias towards Henry since he pretty much carried the Bills' offense when he was there. Right now I'd take Henry over McGahee since the latter is an overrated-self-proclaiming gift to Buffalo. Henry on the other hand, did more with a JV offensive line, broken ribs, ankle, and still was running for 1,300 yards. I want to see him do good but I don't think it's with the Titans.

10. nafselon

Travis is great, covered him back when he was at Frostproof High School in Florida. But you and I both know the kid...not too bright. Popped with a pre-teen in Buffalo. Gets a golden opportunity to play in Tennessee behind soft serve Chris Brown but gets caught breaking the drug policy and sent on a four-game vacation. Travis is constantly shooting himself in the foot.

Draft saved Draft deleted