1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Training Camp Thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by nafselon, Aug 2, 2006.

1. nafselon

nafselon Well-Known Member

I didn't see one so I apologize if this is a copy.

Looks like the Jets will let Chad Pennington lead them to their 5-11 record.

A healthy Deuce McAllister and Reggie Bush backfield could be pretty damn exciting to watch.

Why are the Falcons trying to plug a west coast offense when the talent is a vertical passer with receivers who thrive in the vertical passing game. Michael Vick has taken a lot of hits recently from all forms of media and fans but anyone with two eyes can see that putting this kid in an offense where the main play is a five-yard curl is a waste of time.

K.C. makes a smart trade to get insurance for LJ.

Keeping an eye on Philip Rivers in the preseason.

Over/under on when T.O. and Drew Bledsoe get into a physical confrontation. Week 4...I give the edge to Bledsoe since T.O. will probably have the carcass of Ed Werder welded to his asshole.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I wonder if that will be enough to cover for the loss of both starting tackles from last season, including one who's a lock for the HOF. LJ's good, but that's going to sting some.

3. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

Wonder how long it's gonna take for the Texans to realize Mario Williams is a solid No. 3 pick - not a No. 1 overall when Reggie Bush is/was on the board?
    -----------
    How many more times will Brett Favre say he's never been on such an inexperienced team before?
    ----------
    Can "Me"Shawn truly play second fiddle to Steve Smith in Carolina?
    ----------
    Will Bobby Carpenter prove to the Cowboys that he's the best rookie OLB?

4. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Who did they bring in?

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Michael Bennett, who's always had promise. He just never reaches it.

6. nafselon

Losing Roaf right before training camp absolutely sucks. No doubt about that. Poor luck on the offensive line seems to follow Herm wherever he goes.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2536884

I suppose Bruschi's a lock for Comeback Player of the Year already with this injury. What a hero.

8. nafselon

What was that ridiculous stat ESPN created for his miraculous return? Like "in on the play" or something.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

If you can't handle a 5-yard curl, you're not much of a quarterback.

For some reason, I'm curious to see what Lendale White will do in Titans camp, as well as DeAngelo Williams for the Panthers.

Also, I'm curious to see if Javon Walker will regain his form with Jake Plummer throwing him the ball.

Finally, I'm keeping a tally of Favres INTs.

10. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

The camp coverage in Pittsburgh is such overkill, I'm beginning to -- ever so slightly -- dislike the Steelers. :-\

- Murder? Blah, blah, blah.
    - Night club shooting? Yawn.
    - "Big Ben" tossing a football behind a photo of him tossing a football? Now that's news!

[​IMG]

One local TV station did a piece on said photo...unreal.

11. nafselon

Agreed on the 5-yard curl to an extent, the point is draft talent to work in the west coast offense rather than a long-ball QB and a bunch of deep threat receivers.

I think White starts by Week 4.

Favre interception total...34

12. pallister

pallister Guest

Vick wasn't drafted by the current staff.

But I can't explain the receivers, although I think Jenkins could fit the WC mold.

Draft saved Draft deleted