1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Top 100 All-time: Anybody watching this?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by outofplace, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Can someone cut and paste the list?

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'd throw Favre out and put Taylor in. No problem with that. Favre gets more credit for his toughness, longevity and records than raw ability, anyway.
    Who are the three best defensive players? Butkus, Taylor and Lott? Is there a defensive lineman or another defensive back that can crack that top three?

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

As good as Brady has been, and all the championships he's won, I'd be hard pressed to say he's a better quarterback than Manning. Manning is a modern-day Unitas, in the way he calls his own plays and operates an offense. He's essentially the Colts' offensive coordinator.
    Brady is very, very good. Great, even. When the committee meets to hear his HOF case, they'll all look around the room and say, "Do we really need to go through all this?" But Manning, at his best, is on another level.
    On a scale of 1 to 10, Brady is a 9 or a 9.5. Manning is a 10. Best NFL quarterback at least since Montana, and maybe ever.

4. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

What do you guys think of Sammy Baugh?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Off the top of my head (not in order)

Montana
    Rice
    Butkus
    Taylor
    Payton
    Hutson
    Graham
    Brown
    Unitas
    B. Sanders
    R. White

OK, that's 11, I'll stop there....

6. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

Jerry Rice
    Joe Montana
    Jim Brown
    Walter Payton
    Dick Butkis
    Lawrence Taylor
    Otto Graham
    Barry Sanders
    Reggie White
    Ronnie Lott

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/10/22/deion-doesnt-like-his-spot-on-the-top-100-players-of-all-time/

Apparently Deion Sanders was VERY upset about being ranked No. 35. I'm trying to find a link with the quote, but he basically said he was going to have a hard time explaining to his children why he wasn't in the top 10.

Typical of the childishness Sanders has always displayed whenever he didn't think he was getting his due respect.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I recommend he starts with "I was afraid to tackle."

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nice!

10. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Joe Greene.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Didn't think about Reggie White for some reason. Do you kick Lott off the defensive Mount Rushmore for White? And was there a better DB than Lott that we're forgetting?

12. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

No. 1 has to be Jim Brown.
    Right?

Draft saved Draft deleted