1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Third Place Game

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Football_Bat, Jan 22, 2007.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They ought to play the Draft Choice Bowl with the two worst teams in the league facing off with the loser to get the first draft pick. At the end of the game, both coaches are dumped with a Gatorade bucket filled with sewer water.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

How 'bout having the winner of the runners-up consolation game then go on to play a college all-star squad at halftime of the Super Bowl?

3. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I think they should have the cheerleaders of the losing teams play for third place. In baby oil.

4. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Wearing nothing but bikini bottoms.

5. dawgpounddiehard

dawgpounddiehard Active Member

Forget the college dudes. How about against a local pee-wee all-star team. I love those halftimes. Those kids are so cute!

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

There's a reason why the Playoff Bowl was scrapped. It's been pretty well detailed here.

7. Having a third place game is one of those ideas that would absolutely suck if it actually happened. Kinda like if a NFL game was played in Europe.

Oops, too late.

8. Blog Is My Co-Pilot

Blog Is My Co-Pilot New Member

Instead, how about a game between the NFL's last-place finisher and the BCS champion?

Or, as it will surely one day be known, the FireGaryKubiak.com Bowl.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Actually, rather than a Playoff Bowl, in a perfect world I'd like to see the all-star game return between the best of the colleges against an NFL team. I'm not really sure it would matter how good an NFL team it was, because they'd treat it like an exhibition game anyway.

10. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

Look at that list of games. Wow, the Vikings couldn't even win this one.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Just give the Patriots and Saints participation and perfect attendance awards.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Not only has the Playoff Bowl been scrapped, its been expunged from the official NFL records. Those games don't exist officially anymore.

Draft saved Draft deleted