1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL team with the most female support is ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

In a theatre ... [/alanis]

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Just to dredge up this old chestnut...

Browns were never in the top-10.

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/home/index.jsp?epi-content=NEWS_VIEW_POPUP_TYPE&newsId=20071001005193&ndmHsc=v2*A1191247200000*B1191311634000*DgroupByIndustry*E1000171*G2*J1*N1000001&newsLang=en&beanID=1802668732&viewID=news_view_popup

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

AMEN!!

I detest the pink fan gear. You want to be a fan, fine.

Wear the team's colors, not some bastardized pink femmie version.

4. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Bump it one more time, to put some balance on that sign Sandra Bullock on steroids is holding. Here's a column by Art Thiel of the PI. Oop, this one's for you:

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/thiel/334363_thiel05.html

Money quote:
    "Now Bettis is a cool dude and a Pittsburgh legend, but the scripted, nationwide fawning over him would have embarrassed Kim Jong Il. As first-timers to the unofficial national holiday, won by the Steelers a record-tying fifth time, the Seahawks were seen to have come to the dance with two left shoes and an open fly. "

Helluva piece of writing. If only I could grow eight inches taller...

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

That's Sandy on Iron City and pierogies.

Much cuter this way IMHO.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Excellent piece, though people in Seattle whining about the officiating in that game has become every bit as tired as the "Bettis is from Detroit" stuff from two years ago. I hated that part, too. Don't get me wrong. I like Bettis. He was a hell of a football player and he was almost always tremendous to deal with for the media. But that going home crap was ridiculously overdone, mostly because he was very far down the list of most important players on that team.

7. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Say oop, I have a proposal for you. Read the football and baseball threads for the next week and see how much whining goes on about matters that far predate the Seahawks/Steelers Super Bowl. (I thought I'd never hear the name Bill Buckner again once the Sawx won the World Series...wrong.) You just don't like this particular brand of whining because it involves your favorite team--or for some other reason specific to the case, I'm not inside your head. But it's not like it's the only whinefest that sports fans take part in. This is the big one in Seattle, for obvious reasons.

Re Bettis, he was the centerpiece because he was well known nationally and larger than life. Didn't bother me so much, mostly because I only watched the football game. But it intruded on me in snatches; must have been nearly intolerable to the junkies.

I believe the Steelers are a healthy favorite against the Seahawks Sunday. That one should be interesting.

8. outofplace

Oh, I know there are older whinefests. I don't like any of them. Your team lost. It's time to move on already.

In Super Bowl XL, the Seahawks shit the bed. Ben Roethlisberger played like complete garbage and Seattle failed to take advantage. That is what Seahawks fans should be upset about.

But you can console yourself when the Seahawks get a slightly less meaningful victory this weekend. Troy Polamalu, Casey Hampton, Hines Ward and Bryant McFadden are all out. Nothing official yet on Polamalu and Hampton, but they haven't practiced and they aren't going to play.

Last I saw, the line was Steelers minus-6. Call your bookies now.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

ha! trick question. nobody who likes rush can get laid

10. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Well, that raised the level of discourse.

I congratulate you on your pessimism. As Lynd said, "Pessimists as a rule live to a ripe old age."

11. outofplace

Nobody likes a smart-ass.....which explains my own lack of popularity. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted