1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL team with the most female support is ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Awesome.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Do I really want to see this?

Do you have a url for the pic? it is not coming up.

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Sorry, but when you have people like IJAG swearing off the Browns annually because they suck, it's hard to make that case.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I don't think Junkie even believes his own argument. He just wants to argue. I can respect that. I do the same thing.

Nice try on the study he used, but I wasn't talking about how the city supports bad teams. That's all hypothetical. I'm talking about fan support as it is, with no extra credit given for having a shitty team.

The Steelers have had periods of two or three years in which the team sucked within the last few decades, but you have to go back to the '60s to find the level of consistent shitty play that the Browns have maintained. So you are just guessing at what you think would happen, using what has happened to the Pirates as evidence. And that shows a complete lack of knowledge about Pittsburgh.

5. 93Devil

Don't you mean Pittsburg?

6. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

The guy with the grill--that's a guy, right?--is definitely a Pittsbooger.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Not a guy.

8. 93Devil

Steeler fans comes in all shapes and sizes. Not arguing that for one second.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I never said it was half baked. I said it was dealing in hypotheticals and weighting its judgement in favor of cities with crappy franchises, just like you are.

But that wasn't the discussion on here. It's about the fan support given the current situation. Not what it would be if both teams sucked at the same time. You keep twisting the argument to fit your purpose.

10. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

You just made my day showing Sprackoli....

11. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I haven't lived in Pittsburgh for two decades, and I haven't stepped foot in city limits for 14 years. Doesn't stop me from being a Steelers fan. Besides, if you're going to throw 300 Browns Backers chapters nationally into the argument, then you've also got to take into account people like myself and IJAG who haven't seen the cities in question for years.

12. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Mystery, I am a Cowboys closet fan. I have the jersey in my closet to prove it (#8 Aikman)

Draft saved Draft deleted