1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL team with the most female support is ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Sep 13, 2007.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Buck the Fuckeyes!

2. Tommy_Dreamer

I know of one such Steelers fan in this town. She wears a Bettis jersey and you'd actually think she was wearing Jerome around her.

3. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

If and When the team returned would have the ownership and front office conspired to collectively kill football the way the NEW Browns organization has.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I (heart) Flash.

A woman walked in to a restaurant/hangout last weekend with a white-and-pink jersey of an NFL team and pink baseball cap of an MLB team. It almost triggered a gag reflex.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Pittsburgh would never have to do what the Cleveland did. The city didn't have to lose its team to get a stadium built like Cleveland did. Even a story comes out today with numbers proving you are wrong, but you just can't admit it. You made a thoughtless comment and now you refuse to back away from it.

Wow, they fought to get a team back? That's your evidence? Plenty of cities without teams fought for one. Baltimore fought for one and took Cleveland's away.It was a disgrace to football and I hated what Modell did to that city, but part of the reason he was able to pull it off is the Browns didn't have quite the support in Cleveland that the Steelers do in Pittsburgh.

6. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

Iron City had cans with names of Steeler bars a few years back. I'd hazard the Steelers diaspora is as big or bigger than the Browns, simply because so many Pittsburghers leave in college and never come back, except to visit and stock up on gear.

7. indiansnetwork

The Browns left town because the owner didn't know how to run a sports business and made many bad deals. The Browns fans themselves had no choice in the matter and are many more in numbers then the Steelgirls.

8. Junkie -

There are Pittsburgh and Pittsburgh Steelers sports bars all across the United States and some even in Europe. Hell, there is a bar right across the way from Ericksson Stadium in Carolina. More than enough in Tampa Bay, Atlanta, Phoenix, etc.

Just remember, Cleveland's lone bright star is Jim Brown - not Super Bowl Trophies.

9. indiansnetwork

Browns, Steelers fight. This could be good if the Browns were not the worst run organization east of Oakland.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

I can tell you this, if we were to do a poll of who our readers' favorite NFL team was, I'd venture a guess the Steelers would take it hands down. There are a hell of a lot of them down here. So much that they have their own fan club and they all get together at one particular spot to watch the game.

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Nice reading comprehension. That study also included men, with the Browns nowhere to be found among the top teams. Not even close.

And if the support was really there, the Browns would have been taken care of in Cleveland before it got to the point of moving. That's what Pittsburgh did.

No team draws its own fans to road games like the Steelers. None.

But you keep on circling your arguments.

12. indiansnetwork

Those darn prison meetings are always fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted