1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL takes control of online world

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by lantaur, May 17, 2007.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

Of course, that was before there were all these gamecenters out there, so there's lots of ways to get play-by-play out there now. The NFL still restricts it (and I'd say it's a waste of time for someone to do), but for now, you can still blog from games - just not every play.

2. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Word.

Our fanboy site runs a list of recent articles on the main page. Right now, at least half link to <teamname.com>; in fact, I had to go back two weeks to find a day when they didn't put up some original content.

3. sportsnut

sportsnut Member

Yeah the local NFL team knows what the hell is happening when it happens. So if they did not break the stories first I would have to wonder what the hell they are doing.

Same thing with NFL Network. They can get the story first because they are the NFL Network.

They need to stop all this restricting bull shit and let the media do what the media is good at cover games and league news and events.

Draft saved Draft deleted