1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Survival League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Vombatus, Sep 10, 2020.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

First weeks are tough - you don't know who is good and who is terrible and the matchups are usually pretty even. Between the new QBs making their first starts with new teams and new coaches and QBs coming off of injuries it went about as expected. Though I hate burning my "anti-" Jets pick this early.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

The Jets play every week but one. And they only play Baltimore once.

3. DanOregon

Of course, I knew that. What an idiot I am. I have played in leagues where you also can only pick against a team once. Gets kind of brutal at mid-season.

4. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Browns up 24-17 and score a TD with less than 2 minutes left. York missed the extra point, but no big deal — they’re up 13 over the JETS, for cryin’ out loud, inside 2 minutes.

Jets take just 33 seconds to score on a long TD pass from Flacco. But, hey, no biggie. Still up six with 1:22 left and getting the ball.

Then the Jets recover an onside kick, drive down and score a TD with 22 seconds left — and MAKE the extra point.

That’s the long way to say…

I’M OUT!

5. DanOregon

The Browns and Vikings seem to always be the teams that do me in on these Survivor pools.

And then there are the Bengals, who knocked me out in two other Survivor pools I'm in in back to back weeks. Of course.

[​IMG]

Thanks for playing.
    upload_2022-9-18_13-28-56.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 18, 2022
  6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I'm not in this group, but I am in a different Survivor Pool. Started with 83 people, which got winnowed to 36 after Week 1. Down to 29 after tonight. I had to sweat out Denver this week, but I'm still in the game.

7. DanOregon

This is what I get for switching from the Chargers to the Chiefs because of Herberts ribs. And now there are three.

[​IMG]

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I originally had the Chiefs, but switched to the Eagles Thursday afternoon.

9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

And the Chargers get crushed by the fricking Jaguars.

Good luck to the final two survivors.

10. outofplace

Thanks. At least that should make DanOregon feel better. His late switch didn't cost him.

This could be over very quickly. At first glance, there is not a game next week I love, though there are a few decent options.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I’m the guy who couldn’t figure out how to change the default name Yahoo provided. Weird week this was, indeed.

12. outofplace

That was a fitting end to our league. Both remaining teams failed to make a selection for Week 4, so the site declared us co-champions. lol

Draft saved Draft deleted