1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Survival League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Vombatus, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

Not survival league, but adjacent.

This fantasy league has 13 players for 12 spots. Each year the champ gets to gas someone. Right at the draft.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Knowing Dameshek, he's probably in seven FF leagues, though I imagine this one - I believe Kimmel's in it as well is probably the one he mentions the most on his various podcasts. Still miss Daves of Thunder - so maybe this will give him more time. I do think whoever gets bounced should have to stay for the entire thing.

Tighthead likes this.
  3. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Dave Dameshek is a name I haven't read in years and I read mentions of him twice in less than two hours.

I never liked him when I listened to the Carolla podcast. Tried too hard.

Does anyone listen to Carolla? He got so repetitive with the same jokes, same c-list guests.

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

In an effort to get this back on track, let me just point out that @Huggy and @TheSportsPredictor have mere hours left to make their picks.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Thanks, The settings page says the deadline is 1 p.m. Sunday but I will take this reminder as I am bound to forget!

6. DanOregon

Pretty sure its set up so if you don't pick the Thursday game you can still join before the early Sunday games. Anyone that picks this game tonight - whichever team - is nuts.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Well, that was nice.

Same time next year?

Batman and Captain_Kirk like this.
  8. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

9. DanOregon

For whatever reason, the other Survival League I'm in is ESPN based, and ties count as "wins" so my Colts pick means I'm still in that one, the Bengals pick though - ugh. Make a stinking XP!

10. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Shit, laughing at those who took Indy, I missed that I took Tennessee. It was a great run.

11. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Lost half the league yesterday.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

To be fair, they lost their long-snapper. The replacement slowed the timing with a bad snap, allowing Minkah Fitzpatrick time to get there to block it. An even worse snap screwed up a short field goal attempt in overtime.

Maybe don't give up seven sacks and turn the ball over five times.

As much as it disgusted me, I avoided all the carnage yesterday by picking the Ravens.

Draft saved Draft deleted