1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Survival League

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Vombatus, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Okay, I set a group up on Yahoo:

Group ID: 28108

Group Name: NoName

Password: sj2020

The NoName is in honor of WFT.

Good luck, all welcome. One strike and you are out.

As you register for this, you can also enter the bigger contest sponsored by MGM.

Have fun!
    VB

2. Vombatus

I just found last year’s league and renewed it.

Since things are better in threes, here’s a third group to join:

Group ID: 25820

Password: SearchFunction

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

In with the Colts. Don't screw me over in the first week Rivers.

Vombatus likes this.
  4. DanOregon

You screwed me over in the first week Rivers.

Glad I had the Raiders in my other Survivor league. By my accounting about one-third were eliminated due to the Eagles and Colts primarily.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2020
    Vombatus likes this.
  5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

That was the case in the Circa Sports survivor pool in Vegas, where entries were $1,000 each. You could buy up to five entries, and there were people who bought five and rolled all of them with the Colts. Yikes!

6. da man

da man Well-Known Member

In case you stopped caring, I am the winner of this league, thanks to the Jets insane defense at the end of yesterday's game.

The Raiders' last-second victory and Seahawks' unexpected defeat made Da Mensch an outright winner over COVID-19 Jaguars 0 (Della9250, I think).

Thanks to everyone who played!

Vombatus likes this.
  7. Vombatus

Great job, Da man! Congrats!

I continued to follow it, and I’m still kicking myself for picking the Packers over Minnesota I stead of going with the safer KC pick several weeks ago.

If you can, keep going and see how far you can go.

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm going to. Tennessee over Jacksonville looks like a good choice for next week.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

I'm in one that started with 40 and was down to five after Week 10 and dropped to four a week later and is still there.

One more should have been knocked out with the Raiders yesterday.

Two of us nearly went into cardiac arrest with the Vikings.

One breathed fairly easily with the Chiefs.

Only two of us had Seattle left and I'm sure the other guy has been saving them for the Jets just like me.

I think at least two of us make it to the playoffs. Week 14 is a bit tough for the non-Seattle guys while the final week could be a toss-up for anyone left. But there's a decent chance of more than one making it through.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

The sad thing was my first choice for the week was Raiders but was scared off after the game last week against the Falcons.

Vombatus and da man like this.
  11. Vombatus

That’s one thing about these leagues - very easy to kick yourself with the results.

Well, all but one of us.

That was quite a two-way race for the past five weeks. Well done to both of you!

12. DanOregon

Happy to have made it to December in my other Survivor league - but that Seattle game knocked me out.

Draft saved Draft deleted