1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Sunday Ticket cheaper than ever this year

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by NDJournalist, Aug 6, 2013.

1. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I visit my sister in another part of Florida pretty often, and her satellite goes out at least a few times every time I am there. Drives me nuts. No thanks.

2. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was about to post the same thing. Had DirecTV for 15 years before having to switch to Uverse because it was the only option in our apartment complex, and I can say that my Uverse went out more in two years than DirecTV did.

Those little afternoon showers will wreak havoc on the signal, but it's usually back up pretty quickly.

3. StaggerLee

StaggerLee Well-Known Member

Maybe she needs to get her satellite repositioned. Bad thing about those dishes (any dish) is that if they move a smidge during a storm, it can produce a weak signal. I've also found the dishes on poles aren't as stable as those mounted on the roof.

4. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Recently switched from DirecTV to FIOS. Paying way less each month for TV and internet. My FIOS package also comes with RedZone, which is great since I live in the the area of my favorite NFL team. No need for Sunday Ticket. RedZone will do just fine.

Back in the spring, we had a ton of rain and my DirecTV went out almost daily. Couldn't take it anymore. I'm better off so far.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I think there's an option to just purchase RedZone for the year, right? Might be the way to go this year. I get all of the Redskins games, so all I'd really want is RedZone...

Draft saved Draft deleted