1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Schedule Release - LIVE on ESPN2 RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KevinmH9, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Sorry, I'm watching Inside the NBA.

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

Amazing what some people consider exciting and worthy of its own thread.... especially considering every team already knew who they were playing, who they had at home and who was on the road.
    All that was not known until this huge breaking story was the sequence of games and who got to play on Thursday (when nobody can see the games on the NFL Blackout Network), Sunday and Monday nights.

As Derrick Coleman once said: Whoop-de-damn-doo.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Fucking assholes here. I can't believe nobody started a thread about that. I would have dropped whatever it was I was doing to watch that.

Thanks for nothing, everyone.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

NFL schedule release...almost as exciting as watching paint dry -- or watching BYH make an ass of himself on baseball threads.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I can't help it if telling the truth upsets the Mets fanbois in the house.

6. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Excellent... old_tony-like in its deliberate obtuseness :)

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

One thing that history has taught me is that it's impossible to predict in April who will and will not be a tough game.

Last spring, I would suggested that playing Atlanta, Miami or Tennessee would be relatively easy games and that Seattle, Denver or Green Bay would be hard.

There is just so much parity in the league, it has become impossible to predict which teams will be good very far in advance.

As for Pittsburgh, it had one of the hardest schedules last season, so probably deserves an easier road this time around. Then again, who's to say what is easy any more? Just show up, play the games and see how it goes.

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Did you just call me obtuse? [/shawshank warden]

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yeah, used to be the case on Sunday nights, when TNT/ESPN had the package. Back in the days before the latest round of expansion, every team was guaranteed one national TV appearance. So they'd stick the poor teams on Sunday night --- usually early in the season before the records got too bad --- against a division opponent, hoping that at least one of the teams would be interesting to fans outside that market.

I think CBS/Fox reserve one of the division matchups for Sunday afternoon, so it's unlikely you'd see both division games on one of the other networks, though.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Yes, but catching Miami in week 17 is a break.
    Not playing Baltimore until week 12 is a break.
    Catching Tennessee in week 1 is a break.
    Catching Chicago in week 2 is a break.
    Not having to travel to Minnesota and Green Bay are breaks.

But in April, this all looks great. Who knows how it will look in October?

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I guess I can see the rest, but how is catching Tennessee in week one a break?

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Not sure I follow your logic on how playing, say, Chicago in week 2, as opposed to week 12, is a break?

You can't predict who will be healthy, who will be suspended, or anything else. Just too many variables, much less not knowing what teams will be good. I can see why one might rather play at Miami in December than in, say, Buffalo. But beyond that, who can tell?

Draft saved Draft deleted