1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Running Thread Week 4 -- Who is this Kevin Kolb guy?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Sep 28, 2010.

1. I'm just glad that he was filling in on the Cowherd show, so it was on TV. The looks on his face while he was stuttering through his questions were priceless.

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

At least Simmons agrees with me. :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnfl2010/101001

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Long... of corse.

But I did like it. He explained both sides to the Vick situation very well.

What happens if Vick stinks up the joint at home? It pretty much happens to every QB once or twice a season .

4. JackReacher

What happens? The people screaming "You can't call Vick an MVP candidate on such a small sample of games!!!" will scream "I told you so!!!" while judging Vick's lack of talent on a small sample of games.

5. 93Devil

I should have added that I was thinking of the Philly fans.

At some point he will get booed at home. That's the reaction from Vick I am curious to see.

6. JackReacher

Something's wrong. Deadspin is backing Simmons. WTF?

http://deadspin.com/5653233/in-which-we-defend-the-sports-fella-and-piss-off-animal-rights-activists

7. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Moral equivalence is ultimately BS, and Bill certainly doesn't have the chops to make it sound as good as many of its academic proponents do. So I agree that part was terrible. To even begin to deconstruct how flawed that argument was would take a long time and a lot of words.

But I agree with the premise of, this man paid a reasonable price for his actions.

Do I really think he'll still be talking about animals in five or ten years? I'd lean toward no. I think at some point the human mind gets tired of constant mea culpas; it is psychologically draining to constantly relive one's lowest/worst moments, so I kind of doubt he'll follow through long-term. But I do think he's handled things nearly as well as possible since his release from prison.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

My wife, upon overhearing Frank Caliendo's god-awful Andy Rooney impression on Fox's pregame show:
    "Is that Sunday football crossed with the Muppets?"

9. 93Devil

I'm all for supporting breast cancer research, but this pink shit is fucking awful.

10. 93Devil

Charlie Batch!!!

Steelers draw first blood.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Browns capitalize on a Cincinnati fumble to take a 3-0 lead.

12. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Titans DC Chuck Cecil flips off the officials, on camera. Hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted