1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Running Thread Week 4 -- Who is this Kevin Kolb guy?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Sep 28, 2010.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

A Canadian would think that.

As a former Floridian, the only thing I'm surprised by is it wasn't the cheerleader's white daddy doing the shooting.

2. That was pretty friggen hilarious, and great timing for me, who is still in bewilderment after hearing Gotleib last week say that the Steelers starting the season 3-0 is proof that Roethlisberger is one of the most replaceable quarterbacks in the league. Still love hearing that little p90x dweeb stutter over being speechless. (I don't mean to infer that p90x is for dweebs, it certainly kicked my ass, but that is the first thing I think about with Gotleib because he never shuts up about it)

3. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

There is no house money when you play the Ravens.

Honestly, the Steelers might be better off being 1-3 with a win against the Ravens and 1-0 in division than 3-1 with a 0-1 against the Ravens and 0-1 in division.

For how awful it is to have the Pirates never have a chance at the playoffs, it is that sweet to have the Steelers seemingly aways having a playoff-caliber team on the field.

4. So does the snail or Journalism Barbie spy Flacco? :)

5. 93Devil

Certain groups of people in America live in the world that I cannot imagine. I have an easier time imagining myself with a Golden Ticket in the Wonka Factory than living a life where guns are the answer to everything.

6. 93Devil

Casey Hampton could spy Sacco. :)

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

What surprised me, though, is that as one-dimensional as the Browns were, Peyton Hillis still ran all over that defense. Gives me hope this week thinking about Mendenhall and the Steelers.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Maybe it is just the pessimist in me overrating the Ravens. I just wasn't impressed at all with the Titans. Young doesn't have the options to throw to that Flacco does. On a good day, I think Flacco is better than Ryan. But on a bad day, he will turn the ball over like crazy.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That surprised me, too. I know Hillis has showed some promise before and the Browns do have some talent up front, but that does not seem like the type of offense that should have success against Baltimore.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

12. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

I liked how Doug kind of backed himself into a corner with a dumb@ss line of questioning and then Mora just went on a slow simmer the whole time.

Draft saved Draft deleted