1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Running Thread Week 4 -- Who is this Kevin Kolb guy?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Sep 28, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, sounds like she ran off and left him there. Also sounds like he was the only one involved who didn't have a gun.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

More detail in the Times Union story. Sounds like Osgood ran for help when the cheerleader made a break for it. The ex-boyfriend left the room and Osgood barricaded the door and jumped out the window. Osgood and the cheerleader (and her dog) were all pistol-whipped, too, before they were able to run for it:

He's also, apparently, a Florida Gators fan:
    Here's the link to the Times Union story:
    http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2010-09-29/story/gunman-attacks-woman-and-friend-monday-arlington-home

3. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

I thought the listing of Osgood's height and weight at the bottom of that story was just a bit editorial. Interesting.

4. cwilson3

cwilson3 Member

You gonna take a bullet for some cheerleader you're probably just having fun with on the side? I'm not.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Shit, I have him on my fantasy team's bench this week.

I would have easily won "shot at" this week.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

She was using a laser sight and she missed?

7. 93Devil

No chatter about Pittsburgh/Baltimore?

The winner will host at least one playoff game.

He training room on Monday will not be pretty for either team.

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what to make of the Ravens. The secondary was supposed to be a big problem, but they currently lead the league in pass defense and they have been vulnerable against the run.

Maybe they just aren't as good overall as they were defensively. The Jets didn't even try to challenge them in the air in the opener and since then Baltimore has faced a very diminished Carson Palmer and Seneca Wallace. They aren't giving up many yards in the air, but they have just five sacks and no interceptions.

Baltimore has been particularly vulnerable to giving up some long runs, a big problem to have against Mendenhall. That said, the Steelers can't do what the Jets did and get too conservative. They have to let Batch and Wallace attack down the field at least a little and that could be dangerous either way.

Ray Rice should play after missing some practice this week due to a strained knee. He has given the Steelers problems. Boldin should pose an even bigger problem. I know Flacco has been erratic, but this is still probably the best offense the Steelers have faced yet.

Looks like a pretty even game to me, though perhaps with more scoring than most would expect. Baltimore has an edge simply by having its quarterback available to play.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

10. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Not so sure about that. The Falcons and Titans average 34 points in their non-Steelers games. And it's not like Ryan-Turner-White doesn't compare to Flacco-Rice-Boldin. Young-Johnson, granted, is a step down from both because it's fairly one-dimensional.

11. 93Devil

The Ravens would be down two games in the division to the Steelers, one game head-to-head and two losses total if they lost Sunday. That is a lot of ground to make up.

If the Steelers lose, the will be tied in all areas with the Ravens and be down one game (the home game) in the head-to-head.

This game is huge. It's all about NOT going to Baltimore in the playoffs.

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

No doubt it's big for that reason. But if you're the Steelers, you've got to feel like you're playing with house money here. No matter what happens Sunday, they're at least 3-1 with an offense that the Buffalo Bills think is weak. Roethlisberger comes back after this one, which should make them a lot better on that side, and the back half of the schedule is relatively soft. They're in good shape regardless of how this game shakes out.

Draft saved Draft deleted