1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL Running Thread - Week 3 with Mark Moseley and Jeff Reed

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 93Devil, Sep 21, 2010.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I really don't think it makes a big difference, so it makes sense to go with the guy who is healthier right now. The main reason they had been so hesitant to go with Batch before was his injury history anyway.

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Can't help but wonder if Lurie is pulling a Bud Adams -- telling his coach whom to play

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I root for Vick. You don't.

I don't really give a shit if you understand it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. outofplace

Hmmm. Sounding a little hostile there. That I guess I can understand. You are rooting for a lousy human being who has deliberately tortured and brutally killed animals for his own pleasure. I'd probably hate having it pointed out if I did such a thing, too.

5. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'm pulling for Vick, too. The guy paid his price, and given a second chance I hope he does well with it.

But, I do understand that in some people's minds, he'll never get a second chance.

6. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

What Michael Vick did was heinous and unspeakable, but I take him at his word that he's remorseful. Has he paid a price for his actions? Yes. Has he repeated the actions since? No. What more can you ask of him at this point? Until you get off of your high horse, you are an even lousier human being.

7. outofplace

That may be the dumbest post I've ready today. I won't root for a dirtbag who tortured and brutally killed animals, so I'm a worse person than he is? Come on back when you have something intelligent to say.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If that poster won't forgive you for not forgiving him for what he did, does that make him worst of all?

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

The Eagles are racing up (or down) the ranks of worse-run teams in the NFL. How do you dump a franchise icon--within the division, to boot--and then give up on the guy you drafted to replace him after two games (and, for all intents and purposes, one half, since that's all Kolb played before he got knocked silly)?

I didn't think dumping McNabb was that bad, he's injury-prone and not necessarily a guy who fills anyone with confidence in a truly big spot. But to replace Kolb with Vick, whose ceiling, as noted above, is already pretty well-established and whose decision-making skills earned him a prison term?

Idiotic move.

10. outofplace

Stop, Rick. You're going to make my head hurt.

Vick is a dirtbag. A decent person wouldn't need to be taught that cruelty is bad. Sure, he feels remorse...about getting caught. Mistakes are one thing. Causing harm to living creatures for amusement speaks to character in a way that I don't think anybody should let pass.

Anybody who wants to root for the guy, well, that says soemthing about you, not me.

And BYH is right about the decision by the Eagles. Vick looked good against the Lions. That is what counts for impressive now?

11. outofplace

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/10265/1089506-66.stm

Rumor was correct.

12. BYH

BYH Active Member

I know Bryon Leftwich isn't very good, but do teams hate him? He got run out in a hurry in Jax, Atl and T. Bay. But even signed off the street (technically speaking) he's got to be better than Charlie Batch, right? I mean, he hasn't been good since 1998 or so.

Draft saved Draft deleted