1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL regular-season game to be played in London next season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Jan 16, 2007.

1. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Sirs, Madames,

Of my experience a few days ago, the teams will spend half their bye weeks getting through security at Heathrow.

YHS, etc

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

We can only hope.

3. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

I love this move by the league.

4. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

AP says that the game will match the Giants and Dolphins.

Miami one of six teams willing to move a home game next season, and were picked over San Francisco, Seattle, Buffalo, Kansas City and New Orleans, AP says.

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

They're going back next season. No guarantee it will be London again, but it will be in Great Britain.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/01/17/bc.fbn.nfl.britaingame.ap/index.html

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I laughed outloud at that.

7. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Just as when Manchester United played AC Milan in Giants Stadium, this game was an event that sold thousands upon thousands of tickets.

I felt bad for the Brits as they were subjected to a brutally awful game. Maybe there will be better luck for them next time.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It might improve he quality of the game if the NFL wouldn't send the Dolphins this time.

9. chester

chester Member

I'll take that bet.

10. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

I believe that goes without saying.

11. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Say nothing of the weather that tore up Wembley for the English Soccer team, but I digress.

In all honesty, while Wembley is a good location for the game to be played, Twickenham, the National Rugby Stadium would probably do just as good a job.

It's still within London, easily accesible by underground and road, and a capacity of 82,000. Great facility.

12. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I remember Miami and Arkansas had a game proposed for Old Trafford (Man U's ground) in 1991 or so and I was completely chuffed about it. It fell through, but that would be a great stadium for an American football game.

Draft saved Draft deleted