1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL regular-season game to be played in London next season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by ondeadline, Jan 16, 2007.

1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And the Browns no longer have Butch Davis. :D

I thought the Monarchs had several strong seasons attendance-wise, then the NFL screwed the pooch and put nothing into the league.

2. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I went to a few Monarchs games when they were around. A lot of fun, but teams didn't take it as seriously for developing talent back then as they do now.

3. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

You'll note they didn't pick on any serious projected 2007 contenders, with this stunt . . . while
    keeping their field limited to the Right Coast.

4. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I don't know which is worse, Millen or Crennel/Savage; I certainly can't fathom a Browns fan making fun of any other team.

The Browns are a joke. I'd bet on the Lions being successful before the Browns.

Sorry about the threadjack folks.

5. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Isn't "regular-season Premier League game" redundant?
    I agree though. Let's get The Decider and Blair in a meeting to discuss the specifics of a home-and-home deal.

6. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

This is a bad idea.

And that AP copy is riddled with mistakes.

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Eagles fan must be dancing a jig right now.

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

There was rumor last week that it would be Giants-Dolphins.
    There also is talk of a regular-season game in Mexcio City if not 2007 then definitely 2008.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

How does the team giving up the home game get compensated for playing in one of these?

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

I don't know but you can bet it won't be the Giants giving up the home game.

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

It's a long-term deal in which, I believe, every team will lose a home game.

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Money, I would presume. Whether season-ticket holders get forced to pay for eight regular season games as opposed to seven is what I'm most curious to see.

Draft saved Draft deleted