1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NFL RedZone

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BNWriter, Oct 1, 2009.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

Has any of the SportsJournalists.com crowd paid any attention to NFL Red Zone network on game days? If so, what do you think? For me, it helps catch up on games not being covered in my area or on Bengals games more specifically.

But after three weeks, and even before that, I was surprised there was no thread yet.

2. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

Best thing ever invented.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Is the version on cable the same as the one that's been on DirecTV for a few years?

And, honestly, the best thing (NFL-wise) is the ShortCuts on DirecTV Super Fan. Every NFL game condensed into 30 minutes or less by showing just the actual plays and not all the time in the huddle.

4. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

That would be. But I haven't experienced it, so I can't vote for it.

As an avid fantasy player (shocking! I'm single!), this is perfect.

5. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

My kid and I watch it instead of the full games (unless, in my case, the Giants or Jets are on). He's a fantasy player, I just like the variety.

It's terrific, although the host is quite hyper-caffeinated.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's incredible. It's the coolest thing DirecTV and the NFL Network has done.

I usually watch the Sunday's games with people who are more interested in the local team than I am, but if it were up to me, I'd just leave it on RedZone for seven hours.

7. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Member

That's all I do. And, for the record, I have it with Comcast.

My favorite team isn't shown here very often, so I just turn on the RZ channel and enjoy life.

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Does anyone know if Wide Open West carries that channel?

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If you get the NFL Network you should get Red Zone. That's new this year. You used to have to get NFL Ticket to get it.

10. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

We get it with UVerse, fwiw.

11. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

Don't have it with Cox.
    My buddy has it with Comcast and it was amazing. Only downside was they didn't have it in HD.
    We watched the Patriots at 1, then spent the 4 p.m. games on the RedZone. The guy who's hosting it is out of his mind, because he doesn't break once.

12. sportsguydave

sportsguydave Active Member

I checked it out for the first time last Sunday. Seemed pretty good... just takes some getting used to. As soon as your brain adjusts to a game ... they switch to another one. But a great concept, I think...

Draft saved Draft deleted